G30 owners please fall in!

I have a G30 at my shop today and also Q9 and i thought it's sleek looking too but the shops quoted me $460 and need battery pack which is another $330. the pricing is quite close to thinkware. I have not used thinkware so not sure if there will be any error code like what most shops say. sigh..

I did not have battery pack and occasionally have power management warning. But when I read the Q9 instructions, the cam come with a Auto cut off if it draw too much bat. So far my car starts successfully even I park 1wk and records 24/7[emoji29]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a G30 at my shop today and also Q9 and i thought it's sleek looking too but the shops quoted me $460 and need battery pack which is another $330. the pricing is quite close to thinkware. I have not used thinkware so not sure if there will be any error code like what most shops say. sigh..
Battery pack is safest to ensure that you don't unintentionally affect the car battery. Some have been known to discharge and shorten the battery life, which could have otherwise lasted a c0uple of years more. But regarding installing Thinkware and get error code - to be fair, the so-called "error code" could be the discharging error due to the camera still drawing power from the battery when car is not running. This is easily circumvented by setting a higher cut-off voltage within the car camera.

If only mine was one of them......:Frown:. Im afraid now the car would not be in time for the meet up too....:shakehea:

i am using V9, its older than the Q9 and has a sony lens, with both front and rear cameras, its bigger than the Q9 and slightly more expensive too. If i am not mistaken, my car camera turns off at 12.3V which turns off shortly after the engine is off so cannot comment on how it would affect the cars battery. Heard that the wifi function for iroad is not good but i do not use that function and download videos direct from the memory card. The Q9 looks more sleek. Heard of thinkware too but no info on that.
Yes, the mobile app to download the clips via Wifi needs some (considerable) improvement from the UI perspective. Otherwise, it is working beautifully. I have the iRoad Q7.

I did not have battery pack and occasionally have power management warning. But when I read the Q9 instructions, the cam come with a Auto cut off if it draw too much bat. So far my car starts successfully even I park 1wk and records 24/7[emoji29]

Thanks so much for the info. Called up and asked for pricing and it’s 1,016 for F800 pro

Battery pack is safest to ensure that you don't unintentionally affect the car battery. Some have been known to discharge and shorten the battery life, which could have otherwise lasted a c0uple of years more. But regarding installing Thinkware and get error code - to be fair, the so-called "error code" could be the discharging error due to the camera still drawing power from the battery when car is not running. This is easily circumvented by setting a higher cut-off voltage within the car camera.

Yes, the mobile app to download the clips via Wifi needs some (considerable) improvement from the UI perspective. Otherwise, it is working beautifully. I have the iRoad Q7.
Thanks bro. Cos my previous car had battery drained till flat and had to change battery when battery was only about a year old

Thanks bro. Cos my previous car had battery drained till flat and had to change battery when battery was only about a year old
Then consider either: F770 (as opposed to F800) or iRoad Q7 as cheaper - but not poorer alternatives. The key difference between Q7 and Q9 is in the rear camera - Q7 is HD camera, whilst Q9 is FULL HD.

The video quality is still OK on the Q7 so I was happy to go with that.

Then consider either: F770 (as opposed to F800) or iRoad Q7 as cheaper - but not poorer alternatives. The key difference between Q7 and Q9 is in the rear camera - Q7 is HD camera, whilst Q9 is FULL HD.

The video quality is still OK on the Q7 so I was happy to go with that.
Oh ok. Roger that. Then I will opt for that

If you feel like installing a spare battery can check with Chris of Speedhaus, I remember is much cheaper than what you mentioned.

:Wavey:Noob question here but whats a battery pack? Is it a 12V battery like the one in the boot or is it something else?And where does it fit?does it have to be the same brand as the camera?

:Wavey:Noob question here but whats a battery pack? Is it a 12V battery like the one in the boot or is it something else?And where does it fit?does it have to be the same brand as the camera?

The one I saw at SpeedHaus look more like a power bank[emoji28]. Understand that it will be charge when we driving and power will be use for the cam when we park. Anyway if you need more detail must check with him.

No problem! I went with a G30 as can save $ and still meet most of my needs (not "wants" :)).

Agree that the F06 looks better than the Panamera and CLS. Best looking 4dr coupe in my opinion..Im also relived to hear that the 5 drives better than the 6GC. Thanks for the review.
The 6GT is based on the 5 platform rite?so its actually a 5 but badged as a 6?Also agree that the 6GT doesn't look as slick as the usual sixers.
So...did u replace the F06 with a G11 or G30?

Mine came with the BMW Advance Car Eye. Quality and user interface not as good as BlackVue IMO. In addition, the recording will only go on for about 4 hours after stopping the vehicle as there is no extra battery to support continuous recording. I had the BlackVue together with Cellink B6 for my previous ride; no issue with error code and recording can go on for at least 24 hours :thumbsup:.

As it was "thrown in" as one of the freebie by PML and the quality/recording time on standby is still acceptable, I am not incline to replace it as of now. If I have to buy one on my own and between BV and ACE, I will go with the same BV DR650GW + Cellink B6 setup as the quality (esp night recording). Can't say much about the 3M solar film from PML though - it was also "thrown in" but I "threw" it away after a week as the heat rejection was pathetic :(.

Hi guys, may i know what dash cam are you guys on? Any good recommendation>

Hi bros, just wondering why is the same G30 under PI 252 horse while the one in PML is 248 horse? Where did the 4 horse come from? [emoji23]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ko66li

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back