G30 owners please fall in!

Hi bros, just wondering why is the same G30 under PI 252 horse while the one in PML is 248 horse? Where did the 4 horse come from? [emoji23]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Likely to do with conversion for metric and imperial units.

1hp=0.746kw in imperial or electrical hp
1hp=0.735kw in metric.
To complicate things,wiki quotes 185kw/248hp and bmw brochure quotes 185kw/252.

U can also use the conversion table below

http://www.rapidtables.com/convert/power/kw-to-hp.htm

What is not accurate is the 188kw quoted by sgcarmart PI

Not bad that you're given the crystalline series! It is unlikely to be crystalline for mine - the online warranty cert states PC80 for the front and HP35 for the rear. Most likely entry range?

Which 3M model did u get? I upgraded to the crystalline version and its ok for me.

Not bad that you're given the crystalline series! It is unlikely to be crystalline for mine - the online warranty cert states PC80 for the front and HP35 for the rear. Most likely entry range?
CR90 is the top range. Sometimes branded names might not get what you want esp with the rejection of UR and IRR.

Mine is also crystalline. Maybe its because i ask for it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I am using thinkware but what error codes are u all talking about?

This is the one they are referring to.
attachment.php

Sorry to hear that bro. Can share what was done to resolve the issue? Is it some hardware issue or? Any coding done to solve the issue or?
Went to MBM early morning and was told they reset the error and i asked what could the problem be and i was told:
1. Either water went in
2. Connector loose or had problem

Asked me to monitor and see how the next few days and if problem persists then they will dismantle bumper and check when i return for my 1k check

This code really scare the crap out of me as got this almost daily and ws even asked me to change battery which i did but still the same..

Unplug all the dongles and devices and hopefully normal service should resume thereafter. Much as I would like to trust all those devices and the auto cut-off features, I rather spend a little bit more money & effort to install standalone battery + remove dongles than $600+ for a new car battery along with downtime.

Went to MBM early morning and was told they reset the error and i asked what could the problem be and i was told:
1. Either water went in
2. Connector loose or had problem

Asked me to monitor and see how the next few days and if problem persists then they will dismantle bumper and check when i return for my 1k check
Thanks for that...just keeping track of what possible teething issues the G30 may have...thanks!

Unplug all the dongles and devices and hopefully normal service should resume thereafter. Much as I would like to trust all those devices and the auto cut-off features, I rather spend a little bit more money & effort to install standalone battery + remove dongles than $600+ for a new car battery along with downtime.
Yes i agreed with you. You won't believe if i tell you i spent more than 18k on my previous E93 when my car had vibration issues and i was told oh Nox sensor need to be replaced which i did and ended up the same problem. Next thing they said oh O2 need to change too which i did and again same problem. Went to another workshop and they said oh battery need to change which i changed but same and finally went to one more workshop, they said oh injector up the lorry so causing the vibration and again asked me to change which i did but...... same problem.

After going to 3 workshops, things still the same and finally something slap me and what i did was to unplug all electrical devices and restarted my whole car, guess what? the vibration stopped totally.

These days i don't really trust some workshop as the way they do things is like trial and error.

True. I was just after the convenience. 3M works with PML and its all done b4 delivery so I don’t have to make another installation after collection.
Yeah a lot of agents do that. I am also working with one agent too so i know how it works. Agent give lowest price so have to give lowest grade ;)

Agree on the convenience of having PML do them all (incld DVR) so that I just need to collect car and not run all over the place thereafter. Did that with Wearnes for the XC90 and our regular SE had the top of range Rikecool solar film installed without me telling him. I guess I had the same trust with the regular SE with PML but was proven wrong.

True. I was just after the convenience. 3M works with PML and its all done b4 delivery so I don’t have to make another installation after collection.

Separately, any source for the Display Key cover - something that is not too bulky and offers some protection against scratches. Managed to find 2 from Amazon but was hoping to get something locally.

Key Fob

Key Fob 2

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debet39com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups