G30 owners please fall in!

Throwback, G30 SG meet up 13 Apr.

Pls PM me if you are keen to join our chat. This is an exclusive chat group for SG G30 owners only. we look forward to welcome you Have a wonderful day.

Hey sir, can I join the group
Yes, we are meeting this Friday night. Let us know if you are interested.

Hey mate, can I know more details about the meetup? Keen to join! We met last year lol....long time back....

Hi All, just received my ride 2 weeks ago. Its a PI car, Ride experience is fantastic; but I am confused by all the tech that are built into the car. My car comes with the park assist plus with 360 cam, comfort access, apple car play, bmw connected drive services. Appreciate some expert advice on the following:

1) Driver assist (the green button next to the hazard light). Is it true that the g30 comes standard with anti collision and pedestrian warning? For anti collision, was able to see a range setting of "early", "late" or something during demo. But now I cannot find this setting when I pressed on the green button. I tested the function by tailgating a car, but no warning came. Setting was at "All on"

2) When i received the car, the gps comes with 3d building view. Now its showing normal view like what you see in the google map. Went through the menu, "3d" setting was checked.

3) BMW connected drive as i understand has limited function if it is a PI unit. Was only able to see weather and news. My car was a UK unit. Is there anyway i can activate the other function? I was told i needed a UK address to "register" the car, but I could not even "add this vehicle". I am however able to see the fuel level and the total range. Will the feature remote view be available?

4) Apple car play, seem like i can only get limited apps on the menu. How do get it to run "waze" or "google map"?

On a note, the car initially has a "USB error" and they were not able to load the Sgp & Malaysia map. A new head unit has to be replaced before delivery. Could it be the new head unit not uploaded with the right software package?

Would really appreciate some good advices here before i take it up with the dealer.

Oh by the way....mine is 530i in Sophisto Grey.

Thank you.
Michael

Hi Michael

I have just collected my 530i from a PI. The BMW connect is not disable at all. Try many way still cannot get it connected. Need your help.. any contact you have that provide the service to help on this? Thanks.

Hi Michael

I have just collected my 530i from a PI. The BMW connect is not disable at all. Try many way still cannot get it connected. Need your help.. any contact you have that provide the service to help on this? Thanks.
Hi Kingfisher,
For PI car, you need to register your car to the UK Connecteddrive site, not the Asia site. Once registered to the UK site, you will received the installation code at your car message in box. With code you should be able to get Your car connected. Good luck!

I booked a 530i lux, and am expecting late April delivery. Hoping to gather G30 owners so that we can share information and maybe even help each other on (touch wood) car issues.

Thanks!

have you install the Southeast Asia Map for your car?if the car import from Europe don't have the Singapore Map :)

Hi Michael

how i can help you? may i know your car head unit is original NBT evo or has replace to the android head unit? :)

Hi Kingfisher,
For PI car, you need to register your car to the UK Connecteddrive site, not the Asia site. Once registered to the UK site, you will received the installation code at your car message in box. With code you should be able to get Your car connected. Good luck!

Hi .. I did that, my I did not get any message in my BMW Message... I wonder whether is my car is even connected to the internet in the first place.

Hi .. I did that, my I did not get any message in my BMW Message... I wonder whether is my car is even connected to the internet in the first place.
You can writer to UK BMW site and give them your VIN numbers, they can tell you, if it’s connected.

Hi All,

We have official G30 club.
Pls PM me if you are keen to join our chat. This is an exclusive chat group for SG G30 owners only. we look forward to welcome you Have a wonderful day

Attachments

• 2F38315F-5884-439F-8180-6EFA4C6F246B.jpeg
    2F38315F-5884-439F-8180-6EFA4C6F246B.jpeg
    218.1 KB · Views: 417
Hi All,
Nice to meet you guys. I'm a current F10 535i owner looking to switch to the G30 530 or 540 M sport from pml. So far I've driven both and am really happy with the 530 I saw, even though its missing a few things from my F10 like the sunroof and so on. Pml offered me a discount of 15k of the list price, which I seem to hear is the standard discount offered on the 5 series ex-stock when you walk in and take the compulsory loan. Perhaps could anyone enlighten me on roughly how much further I could push for in terms of discount on the car itself?

Also, really looking forward to learning more about this car with you guys if I decide to pull the trigger!

Also, wanna get your opinions on the night blue interior. It seems quite appealing in a way, but not sure if it will harm the resale value as it isn't a very common color. My SE mentioned that they rarely bring in cars with it.

Also, wanna get your opinions on the night blue interior. It seems quite appealing in a way, but not sure if it will harm the resale value as it isn't a very common color. My SE mentioned that they rarely bring in cars with it.

Rare doesn’t mean good, all depends on yourself. Listen to SE u die faster.

Hi All,
Nice to meet you guys. I'm a current F10 535i owner looking to switch to the G30 530 or 540 M sport from pml. So far I've driven both and am really happy with the 530 I saw, even though its missing a few things from my F10 like the sunroof and so on. Pml offered me a discount of 15k of the list price, which I seem to hear is the standard discount offered on the 5 series ex-stock when you walk in and take the compulsory loan. Perhaps could anyone enlighten me on roughly how much further I could push for in terms of discount on the car itself?

Also, really looking forward to learning more about this car with you guys if I decide to pull the trigger!

Hardly any room for new car price. Try on your used car if you are trading in. Have they already closed their financial year? I got a msg from my SE with deals.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
66sin88com
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back