G30 owners please fall in!

Bro. Where did you get the rims and what size was it ? And can u let me know the price . Tks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi, I got the BBS rims from Hurry Tyres. The one at McKenzie Road.

The rims are 20". I got them for $3.7k.

Hi Hohlim, just found out that my trade in rims only, is worth 800 to 1000, is that a fair figure. ? anyone else care to point out.?
do you mean rims and tyres or just rims only? I have not traded in mine yet but for rims and tyres, I would expect at least $1500 for a 19"set? If just the rims, my guess would be closer to your guess, around $800-$900?

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has considered lowering their G30? I tried KW V3s for my current 3 series but it was a little too low and ride can be harsh as i approach my 40s. Am considering on getting KW Street comfort. I don't have VDC or Adaptive drive and it would just be to replace the m suspension which is with the car.
I will not track the car and lowering is purely for looks. This is really subjective but I'm willing to give up a little comfort compared the m suspension but not to "far off".
Anyone have any thoughts or advice on current or past experience on their cars?Thanks!

Talking about lowering G30. I need some info..
If we do change to 20in rims, will the car be lower or not ? Since you have the past experience of using 20 in rims , how was the ride ? Is it still comfortable ? Also when u park , does the bottom part of car front and back hit the wheel cement curbs ? Do let me know. Tks

Talking about lowering G30. I need some info..
If we do change to 20in rims, will the car be lower or not ?

The car should not be significantly higher or lower. The rim would be increased by 1 inch or 2.54cm but the profile of the tires will also drop. End result would be almost the same.
Coincidentally,went down to PML today(without a ruler) and took some photos.

Attachments

• Bmw 530imsport.jpg
    Bmw 530imsport.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 570
  • Bmw 540i rear.jpg
    Bmw 540i rear.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 2,475
Last edited:
What about the ride on 20 in rims ? Any difference to 19 in.

Comfort wise,it should be a little harder but i doubt one would feel the difference.

Are u talking about kerbing the rims?yes there is a higher chance to kerb or damage the rims but also have to depend on the tires you choose but it would even with 19s, when parallel parking,kerbing the wheels may cause damage. If the rims do gets damaged,go to a tyre shop,they can file down the kerb rash,apply putty and paint over.As long as the rims are not chrome,some minor touch up should not be too difficult.

Last night around 9:30 pm, I was on the PIE going towards Changi Airport, intending to go to Punggol. After I entered the KPE tunnel towards TPE, the navigation system went haywire. It totally could not locate the position of the vehicle. Anyone has similar experience?

Last night around 9:30 pm, I was on the PIE going towards Changi Airport, intending to go to Punggol. After I entered the KPE tunnel towards TPE, the navigation system went haywire. It totally could not locate the position of the vehicle. Anyone has similar experience?

So far I have not noticed this but have not been in the KPE tunnel with this car.

The car show not be significantly higher or lower. The rim would be increased by 1 inch or 2.54cm but the profile of the tires will also drop. End result would be almost the same.
Coincidentally,went down to PML today(without a ruler) and took some photos.

Yes, when you change rim size, there is a conversion guide on tire profile to change as well to ensure tire diameter remains the same. Otherwise speedometer will be inaccurate.

1. Squeaky Ninja - 530i lux mineral white
2. The Guardian - 540i m sport alpine white
3. BaamBaam - 530i lux med blue
4. mark 1919 - 530i lux black
5. F10fan - 530i lux black
6. Fres - 530i lux bluestone
7. hohlim - 540i xDrive m sport sapphire black
8. andychantw - 530i Msport Sapphire Black
9. cheerz - 530i m sport carbon black
10. JackJx - 530i m sport carbon black
11. CY Wong - 530i lux jatoba
12. Alphua - 540i m sport carbon black
13. kenhee - 530i lux sophisto grey

911 here. 530i m sport blunestone [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Squeaky Ninja - 530i lux mineral white
2. The Guardian - 540i m sport alpine white
3. BaamBaam - 530i lux med blue
4. mark 1919 - 530i lux black
5. F10fan - 530i lux black
6. Fres - 530i lux bluestone
7. hohlim - 540i xDrive m sport sapphire black
8. andychantw - 530i Msport Sapphire Black
9. cheerz - 530i m sport carbon black
10. JackJx - 530i m sport carbon black
11. CY Wong - 530i lux jatoba
12. Alphua - 540i m sport carbon black
13. kenhee - 530i lux sophisto grey
14. Izr911 - 530i m sport bluestone

Hope can add me in although I'm not in SG.
G30 530i M Sport, April 2017, Bluestone Metallic, Black Int w/ Rhombicle Aluminium

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
3644eee0f3378f0d6682d353b6d170e8.jpg

Last edited:
Hope can add me in although I'm not in SG.
G30 530i M Sport, April 2017, Bluestone Metallic, Black Int w/ Rhombicle Aluminium

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where are you from? Also curious why you would like to join an Sg group? No harm including you in the list I guess.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuebt788com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back