G30 preview

JOHAN

Hi. Are there any who went for the g30 preview during the motor show or have already seen the car already? I thought it is about time for a thread for the g30.

I have seen the car at the 2017 motor show and I got to say that it is very typical bmw and the interior resembles the 7 series alot. Pml previewed the 540i with m Spott package in rhd and the car looks great. Heard that pml have already started taken orders of the car and the basic version is a diesel this time round.

Before this, there is a private viewing.
And yes 520 is a diesel.
For petrol heads, it's either a 530 or 540 and 540 only comes in m-sport.

Doesn't matter, whoever wish to respond will carry out by their own will.
But I do agree that ever since the lao jiao left, it's been very very quiet.

I had gone for the private preview in PML few months back. They show case the 540 M Sport left hand drive car. Car looks not drastically different from current F10 but with loads of technology build in. 0 to 100km is impressive at around 5sec or 4.9. Couldn't really remember.

Yes they had started taking orders. $10k refundable deposit to book yr interest. The 540 M Sport is going for about $350.8k. Below price fyi:

All-new BMW 5 series -
_INDICATIVE PRICE ONLY_

BMW 520d
$262,800

BMW 530 Luxury
$286,800

BMW 530 M Sport
$295,800

BMW 540 M Sport
$350,800

Cheers!

I had gone for the private preview in PML few months back. They show case the 540 M Sport left hand drive car. Car looks not drastically different from current F10 but with loads of technology build in. 0 to 100km is impressive at around 5sec or 4.9. Couldn't really remember.

Yes they had started taking orders. $10k refundable deposit to book yr interest. The 540 M Sport is going for about $350.8k. Below price fyi:

All-new BMW 5 series -
_INDICATIVE PRICE ONLY_

BMW 520d
$262,800

BMW 530 Luxury
$286,800

BMW 530 M Sport
$295,800

BMW 540 M Sport
$350,800

Cheers!
Have you booked yours?

Not yet as they hv not finalise any of the specs and package for the car especially the 540i M pkg.

For over 350k i am also considering the Macan S or Macan turbo. 5yrs warranty n free servicing , that should give me some peace of mind.

i had the opportunity to attend the preview...and was wondering if the diesel version is good ? never own a diesel engine car before......thus wondering if there is any comments.

i had the opportunity to attend the preview...and was wondering if the diesel version is good ? never own a diesel engine car before......thus wondering if there is any comments.
Diesel is cheaper than petrol and have much better consumption. Should be good for most forummers here as Fc is a topic that is often discussed here

Owning a premium brand is more about the power and the feel of the drive performance. FC is usually secondary. Even if bad, some will still go ahead and get the ride they desire. Diesel version should be better in terms of engine performance but 'rougher' in the ride, perhaps?

Speaking of Diesel, I think some pumps in johor already started Euro V, but dunno whether still can pump within 50km of border....

Owning a premium brand is more about the power and the feel of the drive performance. FC is usually secondary. Even if bad, some will still go ahead and get the ride they desire. Diesel version should be better in terms of engine performance but 'rougher' in the ride, perhaps?

Speaking of Diesel, I think some pumps in johor already started Euro V, but dunno whether still can pump within 50km of border....
Yes Fc is secondary. But there is a substantial amount of Fc related thread going on in bmw forum

I am new to the forum. I will be getting my 530i M Sport in the coming week. Thought of getting license plates with the M Sport logo. Welcome suggestions on a good merchant where I can get them. Thanks.

I am new to the forum. I will be getting my 530i M Sport in the coming week. Thought of getting license plates with the M Sport logo. Welcome suggestions on a good merchant where I can get them. Thanks.
You mean the plate frame?

I've been driving around in the new 1 & 2 series diesels for the past 2 weeks, and find that torque is good when accelerating from traffic lights. Downside is the engine clatter, which is very much like a taxi. I would say the noise is not ideal for a luxury sedan.

I've been driving around in the new 1 & 2 series diesels for the past 2 weeks, and find that torque is good when accelerating from traffic lights. Downside is the engine clatter, which is very much like a taxi. I would say the noise is not ideal for a luxury sedan.
1 & 2 series cannot compare to the new G30 in term of sound insulation, G30 is super quiet. Even quieter than the F10.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xocdiaonlinelife

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back