Garmin 765

Tribeca

Hi, am so tired of the 710 that came with the car.
Decided to bite the bullet & buy the 765 at the pc
show. Excellent piece of kit. Connect perfectly on
the installed base plate on the dash.

Can't ask for more, even though sound does not
come from car speakers, still loud & clear, its
even better now without the static & most important
of all updated maps:yummie:

cheers

Re: Garmin 765

I am using orig BMW GPS and is so fed up of the limited features. No postal code; no red light cam; no speed cam.

765: free map update download?
I read in newspaper it is using SLA map. Is this Mapking map? What's the best deal at PC show?

How's the 3-D view thing?

Tribeca;443787 said:
Hi, am so tired of the 710 that came with the car.
Decided to bite the bullet & buy the 765 at the pc
show. Excellent piece of kit. Connect perfectly on
the installed base plate on the dash.

Can't ask for more, even though sound does not
come from car speakers, still loud & clear, its
even better now without the static & most important
of all updated maps:yummie:

cheers
hi, how much did u paid for?

MapleLeaf;443800 said:
I am using orig BMW GPS and is so fed up of the limited features. No postal code; no red light cam; no speed cam.

I read in newspaper it is using SLA map. Is this Mapking map? What's the best deal at PC show?

Yup junk the bmw map, eastgear use SLA approved map, its actually jerome wee map.
The one bought is fr navicom its cheaper then eastgear. The maps are from malsing.
Its just as good.

jamhoe2;443841 said:
hi, how much did u paid for?

549, if u hve uob card, use it & get a 4 gb thumbdrive.
Too bad didn't bring it, citibank get pint of haggen dazs(redeem at level 6),
and the floor plan is crazy & the info counter also don't know where.
Limpei go down fr 6 to 4 then 4 to 6 wah lau, lugging all the stuffs & the
crowd is thick.

If u drive at there b4 11 to miss the jam at carpark

MapleLeaf;443800 said:

some place offer free map update download, some doesnt , you should check with them before you pay.
SLA map is from Singapore land authority, it's not mapking, mapking map is lousy lo

Yes just bought it 2!

I was wondering why is the sound not coming from the speakers?

It can charge, why why why BMW is so difficult.

Yep, the sound is coming fr Garmin's internal speakers,
I don't have time to bring it down to get pml to calibrate,
don't know how long or how much they will charge !

But its working fine : )

erm...i think the 765's integrated FM traffic receive need no calibration from pml...you could probably do it yourself on the 765 itself...

simi calibration...there is nothing complicated about a garmin...its not iDrive...

correct moi if im wrong...

Clap.. clap.. clap...

Equivalent to "Even a PHD person. .. can easily drive a taxi:) not less operate a garmin"

pilotsnoopy;467666 said:
erm...i think the 765's integrated FM traffic receive need no calibration from pml...you could probably do it yourself on the 765 itself...

simi calibration...there is nothing complicated about a garmin...its not iDrive...

correct moi if im wrong...

I am wondering how does BMW PML calibrate the audio system to work with the Garmin set.
I doubt it will PML will not eben touch it.

I really like the 765 functions but the sound coming from the internal speakers is piercing even set to 80%.

The new maps is fantastic, but i hate the speed violation warnings. I always exceed the speed limit by 25% hmmm hmmm.

mambo;467709 said:
I am wondering how does BMW PML calibrate the audio system to work with the Garmin set.
I doubt it will PML will not eben touch it.

I really like the 765 functions but the sound coming from the internal speakers is piercing even set to 80%.

The new maps is fantastic, but i hate the speed violation warnings. I always exceed the speed limit by 25% hmmm hmmm.

you can set custom POI to off...or go to POI folder and delete those you think you don't need...

for some friends here i only copied Red Light Cameras poi inside...the others would have been irritating...didnt even include mobile speed cam locations as i thought there will be too much false alarms.

Ah Lian;467695 said:
Clap.. clap.. clap...

Equivalent to "Even a PHD person. .. can easily drive a taxi:) not less operate a garmin"

li kong simi...si bei char.

Thank you pilotsnoppy

I have already turn off the speed limit to always off but why it still warn me that i am speeding

Again once you delete the POI let's say school zone, they will not warn you anymore?

i need to know what maps are you using

and which POI set are you using?

there is a POI folder in your :Garmin\

there should be multiple entries inside like

Speed_Limit_70km

Speed_Limit_90km

Red_Light_Cams

DBS_POSB_ATM

at least that is what mine looks like...depending on which you don't think you need you can delete em...

then again i only have the 250W and 780, so any new software details i might not know.

Ok deleted the POI speedradar etc.

Just went to PML KA to make appointment to get the Garmin 765 to work in sync with our BMW professional audio system

Hope they have some sought of idea. They told me the 710 is using FM transmit to 89.7.

Try work but i want it to work even when i am using my ipod or even not on.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back