Garmin 765

Re: Garmin 765

mambo...the FM frequency does not really have to be fixed...so long its a frequency you find to be 'free' from other transmissions...might be tough in Singapore...i am finding a solution to that ipod thingy too.

Yes i understand the FM frequency need not to be fixed.

I am driving the new FL E90 and it come together with the Garmin 710 GPS set.

Even with the radio off or if i am listening to my ipod, i will still be able to get navigation voice from the car speakers.

So i was getting bored with the 710 and one fine day just walking around SIM LIM i bought the 765 as it seems the same as the 710.

Unfortunately it does not work as the same as the 710 set. So Thursday set appointement at KA workshop to see if they can do anything about it.

Cheers will keep everyone inform about the outcome.

pilotsnoopy;467666 said:
erm...i think the 765's integrated FM traffic receive need no calibration from pml...you could probably do it yourself on the 765 itself...

simi calibration...there is nothing complicated about a garmin...its not iDrive...

correct moi if im wrong...

HI bro,

I did a self tune to 89.5 on the garmin 765 to the stock hu.
When I first bought it awhile back.
It sounds different from the 710(BMW) & it does not "self
modulate the volume of radio softer when making navsat
announcements. The same applies when making phone call/
answering via the bluetooth.

mambo;468429 said:
Yes i understand the FM frequency need not to be fixed.

I am driving the new FL E90 and it come together with the Garmin 710 GPS set.

Even with the radio off or if i am listening to my ipod, i will still be able to get navigation voice from the car speakers.

So i was getting bored with the 710 and one fine day just walking around SIM LIM i bought the 765 as it seems the same as the 710.

Unfortunately it does not work as the same as the 710 set. So Thursday set appointement at KA workshop to see if they can do anything about it.

Cheers will keep everyone inform about the outcome.

Yes u r right, even when I'm driving without turning on the 710 just leaving it on the cradle
I can see the navsat light up when near POI locations. The radio volume becames alittle
softer as well.

DO keep us in the loop of the outcome

cheers

Hi Mambo,

Just something trivial & interesting, did you notice that on our 710,
one can sent & type sms, while the newer 765 cannot ??

try updating it?

Garmin | WebUpdater

think mambo is right to make the appointment...but well cover all angles first

Tribeca;468932 said:
Hi Mambo,

Just something trivial & interesting, did you notice that on our 710,
one can sent & type sms, while the newer 765 cannot ??

It would be very good if the Garmin can work with SMS. Can this feature be updated into the 765 (I am using 765).

I noticed that the 710 is not in the Products List of Garmin website. Special customised model for BMW?

MapleLeaf;469190 said:
It would be very good if the Garmin can work with SMS. Can this feature be updated into the 765 (I am using 765).

I noticed that the 710 is not in the Products List of Garmin website. Special customised model for BMW?

Maple, please let me know how much where you got the 765? client asking for it.

OK just got back from PML KA.

BAD NEWS the Garmin Nuvi 765 is not compatible with our audio system. We are still able to use the FM transmitter or Built is Speaker and that is that.

Hope maybe one day there will be firmware upgrades, yeah One Day.

Next option i am going to try Pin Liang outside audio shop and give them a go with it.

pilotsnoopy;469193 said:
Maple, please let me know how much where you got the 765? client asking for it.

No answer for this mann. One of my vendors gave it to me to "supplement" my new car.... after I commented that the Bimmer GPS is damn lousy with no speed camera and outdated maps.

I fabricated a bracket to mount it just above the right door aircon vent. Swee swee

MapleLeaf;469290 said:
No answer for this mann. One of my vendors gave it to me to "supplement" my new car.... after I commented that the Bimmer GPS is damn lousy with no speed camera and outdated maps.

I fabricated a bracket to mount it just above the right door aircon vent. Swee swee

so good...

MapleLeaf;469190 said:

Bro,

The 710 is not there because it is a old model. :oooops:
My 765 also does not hve sms feature.

Garmin 765. Size just right for the space above aircon vent. Hard-wire it and the system powers up and powers down with ignition.

Maple,

can the 765 support junction view with malfree/malsing maps?

pilotsnoopy;470269 said:
Maple,

can the 765 support junction view with malfree/malsing maps?

It does show 3D junction view. But dunno abot malfree. Settings shows 2009Malsingmaps.

Map info shows:

City Nabigator Singapore/Malaysia NT 2009 3D
MSM
SGP_MYS_NT_TA200809_JCV

I also noticed that it did not show the speed camera when I passed by NUH along AYE. Gotto do some research on the map.

Is there anything I need to update? I just went to Garmin Webupdater and it updated the firmware.

Please note that speed warning, ERP.. etc.. is by downloading POI (points of interests) and distinct from the maps itself.

MapleLeaf;470330 said:
It does show 3D junction view. But dunno abot malfree. Settings shows 2009Malsingmaps.

Map info shows:

MSM
SGP_MYS_NT_TA200809_JCV

I also noticed that it did not show the speed camera when I passed by NUH along AYE. Gotto do some research on the map.

Is there anything I need to update? I just went to Garmin Webupdater and it updated the firmware.

MapleLeaf;470330 said:

Map info shows:

MSM
SGP_MYS_NT_TA200809_JCV

speed camera is dependent on POI (downloadable)

find MFM map and POIs better but they do not have JCV features as yet...they are working on it.

also am confused by users 'reflashing' their units bought from abroad to SG/MY firmware...or pay a local distributor 50bucks to do so...in order to use JCV..

not keen on doing this as I do use the garmin in usa/europe...till i know how it affects routing there.

200 jcvs in Singapore...less than a 100 in Kuala Lumpur...slated to improve...

Yes, I am also confused by this statement: "'reflashing' their units bought from abroad to SG/MY firmware...or pay a local distributor 50bucks to do so..."

For normal units not those with junction view, it is a standard convention for Garmin

710 where 610, 710, 210 = all the "1"s represent local or regional sets. Thus sets sold in a specific country with that specific map e.g. Sing/Malaysia maps, sold here have 710.

The characteristics of such sets are that their internal memory is lower as these sets cater for local needs. Unlike say the general ones that contain North america or europe where map sizes are larger and thus need more memory. BTW, if the maps are huge .. u can still use an SD card to store it!

Other than these, and junction view - I am not too familiar.. frankly other models, you simply buy or rent or use any other country maps thru your SD card that's all.

Thus I believe, the $50 is to pay these people the costs of their SD card with Jerome Wee maps or the Malsing/ Malfree maps that's all. And where got refresh or reflash?

By rite the garmin updater on the website will update / refrash and add especially new languages that's all!

If so, why pay $50 for free maps! U can get ...

pilotsnoopy;470349 said:
speed camera is dependent on POI (downloadable)

find MFM map and POIs better but they do not have JCV features as yet...they are working on it.

also am confused by users 'reflashing' their units bought from abroad to SG/MY firmware...or pay a local distributor 50bucks to do so...in order to use JCV..

not keen on doing this as I do use the garmin in usa/europe...till i know how it affects routing there.

200 jcvs in Singapore...less than a 100 in Kuala Lumpur...slated to improve...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9betstoday

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back