gearbox downshifting jerk when e-braking

vypez

hi guys,

when i e-brake, the downshifting of the gear can be felt and as i come to a complete stop, the car still gives a final jerk.

the jerk used to be worse before the upgrade i did with mbm motorsports, but now much improved but still can be felt.

i've done the upgrade with mbm motorsports and they claims its the same thing as PML, but is it really the same?

any remedy for this ?

Re: gearbox downshifting jerk when e-braking

try the upgrade from PML. several bros here have had the same issue and the gearing was progressively smoother after the upgrade

may i know what is this "upgrade" you guys are referring to?

longhorn;559351 said:
may i know what is this "upgrade" you guys are referring to?

bro, its to update the software of the ecu.

its to rectify the jerkiness of the gearbox, and other features.

i just popped by PML and booked an appt. hehehe

Slater;559253 said:
try the upgrade from PML. several bros here have had the same issue and the gearing was progressively smoother after the upgrade

yeah bro. i popped by today, guess i will just do it.

but he said "if your car have other problems, have to rectify it first, else the software might not load correctly."

sounds expensive. :wtf:

vypez;559354 said:
yeah bro. i popped by today, guess i will just do it.

but he said "if your car have other problems, have to rectify it first, else the software might not load correctly."

sounds expensive. :wtf:
i suppose he was refering to the error codes that will be displayed by the computer in ur car. most of them can be cleared quite readily. unless u have some big time issue which has been lingering for a while without attention. ur car still warrantied?

Slater;559356 said:
i suppose he was refering to the error codes that will be displayed by the computer in ur car. most of them can be cleared quite readily. unless u have some big time issue which has been lingering for a while without attention. ur car still warrantied?

hmm, not warrantied anymore.

last i checked with mbm and boss, car's fine except for a small decat problem. :twisted:

so yeah, should be able to clear all fault codes and load the software.

hope this solves my issue man. :sleepy:

vypez;559359 said:
hmm, not warrantied anymore.

last i checked with mbm and boss, car's fine except for a small decat problem. :twisted:

so yeah, should be able to clear all fault codes and load the software.

hope this solves my issue man. :sleepy:
it shld. have fun.

software is only available in pml or outside bmw service workshops like bvo/boss/j4c also got bmw software to load ?

sounds like i need to pay good old PML a visit...try driving in DS mode at slow to moderate speed it's hell jerky!

wt_know;559363 said:
software is only available in pml or outside bmw service workshops like bvo/boss/j4c also got bmw software to load ?

yes, i tried.. but somehow, there's always a niggling feeling that the one at PML is better.

hehehehe

Deadkookaburra;559370 said:
sounds like i need to pay good old PML a visit...try driving in DS mode at slow to moderate speed it's hell jerky!
I recommend their peppermint tea - very good stuff :)

btw, during the test drive, my jerkiness wasn't there. KNS. Luckily the tester very nice, he wrote a note for me and gave to the recep, to allow me to book an appointment to upgrade the software.
He said this jerkiness very common in 3 and 5 series.

Deadkookaburra;559370 said:

DS mine pops out the Gearbox Failure! wierd thing is that, car doesn't go into safe mode. drives as per normal.

asked mbm, they said probably software error!? :woowooo:

C3P0;559374 said:
I recommend their peppermint tea - very good stuff :)

btw, during the test drive, my jerkiness wasn't there. KNS. Luckily the tester very nice, he wrote a note for me and gave to the recep, to allow me to book an appointment to upgrade the software.
He said this jerkiness very common in 3 and 5 series.

bro, ask him e-brake a bit, the jerkiness will show.

btw, how much did it cost?

vypez;559377 said:
bro, ask him e-brake a bit, the jerkiness will show.

btw, how much did it cost?

For mine, the jerkiness is the worst when I release foot brake and let the car roll to a stop (in DS mode). Just before downshifting to gear 3 then 2 I think, it jerks badly.....

I think it's free as my car under warranty. Errr...I hope so...

anyone knows what's the damage for out of warranty upgrade? I'm driving a 06 e90, and experiencing the exact same issue with this jerkiness... it's super irritating every time I come to a stop..

lkm;559511 said:
anyone knows what's the damage for out of warranty upgrade? I'm driving a 06 e90, and experiencing the exact same issue with this jerkiness... It's super irritating every time i come to a stop..

$109.75. =]

C3P0;559419 said:
For mine, the jerkiness is the worst when I release foot brake and let the car roll to a stop (in DS mode). Just before downshifting to gear 3 then 2 I think, it jerks badly.....

I think it's free as my car under warranty. Errr...I hope so...

it should be, show them your fiercest face. :ultrasho:

vypez;559639 said:
it should be, show them your fiercest face. :ultrasho:
If I look like my avatar, I will give half ball. Confirm free :thumbsup: :woottt:
Ok sorry for OT.

Hope everyone here has their jerkiness issue solved.

C3P0;559649 said:
If I look like my avatar, I will give half ball. Confirm free :thumbsup: :woottt:
Ok sorry for OT.

Hope everyone here has their jerkiness issue solved.

Robot, stop being a jerk!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneshevills
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back