gearbox downshifting jerk when e-braking

Re: gearbox downshifting jerk when e-braking

vypez;559638 said:
$109.75. =]

Really?? I asked them, and they quoted me about $250 over the phone!!?!
:furious:

lkm;559747 said:
Really?? I asked them, and they quoted me about $250 over the phone!!?!
:furious:

I think PML tneds to over-quote when you enquire over phone --- give themselves some room to negotiate when face to face with customer......

C3P0;559374 said:
I recommend their peppermint tea - very good stuff :)

btw, during the test drive, my jerkiness wasn't there. KNS. Luckily the tester very nice, he wrote a note for me and gave to the recep, to allow me to book an appointment to upgrade the software.
He said this jerkiness very common in 3 and 5 series.

So far i have not asked for tester to test drive with me before or affter rectifying problem.

i think next time i will need to do so. I sent my car for wheelalignment, but i feel still not rectified.. should insist to get their tester to test drive with me... next time....

kk2008;559966 said:
I think PML tneds to over-quote when you enquire over phone --- give themselves some room to negotiate when face to face with customer......

Ridiculous! Shouldn't they have a standard price list for this kind of things?? I would perhaps understand if a smallish workshop tends to give arbitrary prices.... but PML??! :mad: :shoot:

has anyone here actually shelled out $$$ for the upgrade? I'm actually wondering if it's worth the $$$... spoke to the SA from PML and he told me no point updating the software as it would only temporarily solve the jerkiness, and that the problem will come back again... ??!?
BTW, I'm driving a pre-FL 320i.

kk2008;559966 said:
prices r all standard. they dun differ from customer to customer. price list is there to see. all u need to factor in addition is the 7% GST.

Slater;560052 said:
prices r all standard. they dun differ from customer to customer. price list is there to see. all u need to factor in addition is the 7% GST.

agree with u that price are all standard....... but somehow higher quote over the phone still happened to me -- not just by 7% GST

kk2008;560086 said:
agree with u that price are all standard....... but somehow higher quote over the phone still happened to me -- not just by 7% GST
u can try speaking to Joanne of parts dept of Sime Derby. The prices she quotes me is usually the same as what i get from parts dept at PML. no discrepency there.

lkm;560030 said:
has anyone here actually shelled out $$$ for the upgrade? I'm actually wondering if it's worth the $$$... spoke to the SA from PML and he told me no point updating the software as it would only temporarily solve the jerkiness, and that the problem will come back again... ??!?
BTW, I'm driving a pre-FL 320i.

i dont think so bro.. if thats the case, i think the tuners at PML need to go for re-course. hehehe

vypez;560770 said:
i dont think so bro.. if thats the case, i think the tuners at PML need to go for re-course. hehehe

Which part don't you think so? The "software not going to solve the issue" or "temporary solve issue, then will come back"?

Did you do the software "upgrade"? How did it work out for you? How long has it been? Did it come back?

Sorry ah! Alot of questions... haha... coz I'm quite irritated by that "jerk" every time I come to a halt..

lkm;560903 said:
Which part don't you think so? The "software not going to solve the issue" or "temporary solve issue, then will come back"?

Did you do the software "upgrade"? How did it work out for you? How long has it been? Did it come back?

Sorry ah! Alot of questions... haha... coz I'm quite irritated by that "jerk" every time I come to a halt..

i dont think its temporary.

if you read the thread, you will know i did the upgrade and it has been 3 weeks since. it's working fine other than a teeny weeny bit when i do an e-brake.

i am just thinking the the PML one is better than the one i did at mbm.

cheers

vypez;559638 said:
$109.75. =]

Am now at PML Alexandra. Quoted $130++ for the reprogramming, and $60++ for "measuring the ATF level". When I insisted that I only want the programming without the unnecessary measurement, was then told that I need to fork up another $44 for diagnosis??!!

I asked them why didn't they mention diagnosis just now, and they told me that they can "package" it under the ATF fluid level measurement cost... i dont trust them. i get the feeling that they are out to make more money from this issue...

eh bro.

try insisting on the reprogramming only.

they also told me need to pay for the 9999999 point check, i told them go fly kite. hehehe

vypez;563473 said:
eh bro.

try insisting on the reprogramming only.

they also told me need to pay for the 9999999 point check, i told them go fly kite. hehehe

Will try. Thanks for the suggestion... but may still have to come back another time to do it... stoopeed appointment system...

be prepared. they will take like 2 days!? so yeah. =]

vypez;563483 said:
be prepared. they will take like 2 days!? so yeah. =]

2 days??! do they send the car to Germany for reprogramming or something??
I think the SA told me about 8 hrs just now.... will ask him again when i collect my car later.

btw, car is now with PML for another reason... should be collecting it in the next half hour.

Did mine yesterday. Still jerking le, heh heh.

lkm;563492 said:
2 days??! do they send the car to Germany for reprogramming or something??
I think the SA told me about 8 hrs just now.... will ask him again when i collect my car later.

btw, car is now with PML for another reason... should be collecting it in the next half hour.

do share?

hehe

C3P0;563496 said:
Did mine yesterday. Still jerking le, heh heh.

free because you look like your avatar picture? hahaha

i think it learns slowly?

vypez;563525 said:
do share?

hehe

Quoted $132+GST. They kept insisting that they had to do a diagnosis which cost $44+GST on top of the $132. Asked them what the diagnosis is about and they couldn't really answer - saying something like only the Technical people could interpret and it contain a bunch of "binomials". When questioned further what the "binomials" represent and what values do they represent, they couldn't answer me. As an engineer by training myself, I wonder if they know what they are talking about.

Finally, when I insisted that I wanted to do the gearbox reprogramming, the SA told me that he needs to check with the Technical side if it could be done without the "diagnosis"....

With answers like this, it really makes it difficult to trust the guys at PML...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneshevills
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back