Gearbox solenoid E60

Terras14

Hi I was advised that changing the gearbox solenoid will be able to solve the gb jerk issuebut is iit the same as changing the megatronic unit as the price between the 2 is quite a bit. Thanks

Re: Gearbox solenoid E60

Terras14;840466 said:
Hi I was advised that changing the gearbox solenoid will be able to solve the gb jerk issuebut is iit the same as changing the megatronic unit as the price between the 2 is quite a bit. Thanks

My jerking issue is been resolved by changing the gearbox shaft. Cost about $2.1k.

Morganlee3377;840469 said:
My jerking issue is been resolved by changing the gearbox shaft. Cost about $2.1k.

wow bro u kana liao, my worry also abt gear box, mine also seem like siao siao liao :lol: free come out kopi :woottt:

nicknick;840725 said:
wow bro u kana liao, my worry also abt gear box, mine also seem like siao siao liao :lol: free come out kopi :woottt:

Ya man. But Heng lah. Dealer paid not me. You have my number?

hi,
What's gearbox shaft? Common prob for our pro e60 is the valve body right? If its gearbox shaft then maybe it's another set of issue, unless it means the same thing. Mind sharing the workshop?

Had the same problem...gear jerk when downshift from 2 to 1 and when upshift from 2 to 3..damn irritating. Changed the gearbox solenoid, damage less than 2k. Sent in the car in the morning and collected in the evening. The jerk felt previously when upshift or downshift is gone, and somehow I feel the car more responsive. Good n professional service provided.

Actually apart from slight jerk when stopping, my gear stil shifts smoothly. Mind sharing where u do it?

Terras14;841920 said:
Actually apart from slight jerk when stopping, my gear stil shifts smoothly. Mind sharing where u do it?

You can try to ask
9627 0903 ah hui zen auto
30 Kaki Bukit Rd 3
#01-12
Singapore

Can anyone advice what the so call jerk?
Does it only happen during downshift or upshift or both?
Cox my downshift seems ok but upshift have a little during gear transition

simpapa;874184 said:
Can anyone advice what the so call jerk?
Does it only happen during downshift or upshift or both?
Cox my downshift seems ok but upshift have a little during gear transition

Same as my case here : ( sent to pml few times still cannot solves ... Pml suck ....

Has our voice been heard?
Anyway does the jerk carry any sound like cock, knock or Kong?

bro.. this gearbox shaft is inside or outside the gearbox?
how long time to change?

Lorinser;875595 said:
bro.. this gearbox shaft is inside or outside the gearbox?
how long time to change?

Curious, are there any e60 owners out there who has a high mileage car (say 160k kms onwards) who has never had a problem with their gearboxes? Or is it a case where no matter how much effort you take in maintaining, its a matter of time and mileage before it goes?

daniellim;875709 said:
Curious, are there any e60 owners out there who has a high mileage car (say 160k kms onwards) who has never had a problem with their gearboxes? Or is it a case where no matter how much effort you take in maintaining, its a matter of time and mileage before it goes?
To answer your q, go & visit BMWCLUBMALAYSIA. There would be bigger pool of hi mileage E60.

daniellim;875709 said:

Mine is approaching 127K km and have occasional jerks when stopping. Have always driven in M mode since installed M5 paddleshift steering wheel 3 years ago. Changed ATF once about 2 years ago. I touch wood everyday and hope gearbox will last another 100K km.

My 523 gearbox jerk when coming to a stop at traffic lights... been like this since car was almost 2 years old but didn't bother going to PML. Finally i couldn't take it as it got worse & went for ATF change & software update when car was 5.5 years old (yeah i was living with the downshift jerk for > 3.5 yrs) but it still persisted. Went to another workshop and main mechanic reflashed the software (no charge) and the jerk has disappeared... now smooth as silk...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bet8883acom

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back