Gearbox warning Light

vinlis77

Hi Anyone experience this? Can advise? Was driving along the expressway and this warning light suddenly appeared. Stop the car and restart, the warning light cleared. Now has a constant fear the gear may kaput.

Re: Gearbox warning Light

SOP answer - bring the car in for a check.

will send in for a check. Just wanna know if it could be sensor, solenoid or other issues? If anyone here experience this. The car still can drive as per normal.

It's a time bomb. It will explode anytime.

Va Va Voom!!

I think it means flowers. Time for hanging flowers... :D

vinlis77;986032 said:
Hi Anyone experience this? Can advise? Was driving along the expressway and this warning light suddenly appeared. Stop the car and restart, the warning light cleared. Now has a constant fear the gear may kaput.

Ur mileage seems safe from that. Find a honest workshop to check it out man. Cheers.

Meek;986055 said:
I think it means flowers. Time for hanging flowers... :D
Like APNN car har??

mileage low but ride is near to the time for replacing all new parts. experienced this before at 85K and 5 years old. had changed the solenoid for GB everything goes well till now. good luck bro

Red_Bean_Bun;986188 said:
got this once when engaging P at 100kmh ......

walau you da man. respect!

I engaged P accidentally thought it's the button to open the roof. at 10KMPH. already seems like something going to spoil....

Red_Bean_Bun said:
got this once when engaging P at 100kmh ......

vegadonovan said:
I engaged P accidentally thought it's the button to open the roof. at 10KMPH. already seems like something going to spoil....

SOP answer - send two of you to a check-up

Fault check. it's ratio differential....it's a sensor fault at gear housing assembly called RMFD mechatronics. this assembly (A3 size) contains the sensor and the 6 solenoids. cant replace the sensor alone which they don't sell separately. Got to replace the whole assembly plus change ATF, oil pan etc.

Well .... At least the problem is identified .....

vinlis77;986334 said:
Fault check. it's ratio differential....it's a sensor fault at gear housing assembly called RMFD mechatronics. this assembly (A3 size) contains the sensor and the 6 solenoids. cant replace the sensor alone which they don't sell separately. Got to replace the whole assembly plus change ATF, oil pan etc.

Quite interesting .... Makes a ratchet kind of sound and the warning lights would turn on ......

Would not try to cross my leg while driving again .......

vegadonovan;986292 said:
walau you da man. respect!

vinlis77;986032 said:

clutch up lorry soon....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vip777orgph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back