Getting a BMW! Any kind tips?

hypoC

Hi everyone,

Greetings and Merry Xmas to all in the forum! Just joined this community as recommended by my bro.

As my dad will be getting a 2nd hand BMW 318 soon, can I get some tips on what to look out for when collecting the car and what to ensure/inspect upon taking over the car? The car is about 3 yrs old with a mileage just exceeding the 50k mark :)

Any input/advice is greatly appreciated! :)

Re: Getting a BMW! Any kind tips?

Spend some money ask PML / STA to give you a inspection report. I don't know that would help?

hi hypoC

enjoy your bmw 318. Many people prefer the more muscular look of the older 3 series. perhaps a set of nice rims to replace the stock ones ?

hypoC;282116 said:
Hi everyone,

Greetings and Merry Xmas to all in the forum! Just joined this community as recommended by my bro.

As my dad will be getting a 2nd hand BMW 318 soon, can I get some tips on what to look out for when collecting the car and what to ensure/inspect upon taking over the car? The car is about 3 yrs old with a mileage just exceeding the 50k mark :)

Hey i think it would be good to check if the car has been involved in any major accident before. Perhaps can check the engine bay, pay particular attention to the paint work there and that of the exterior. Also, check the joints and parts that are welded because they can't replicate these if the car has been involved in some major accident.

I heard at STA(??), they have the special equipment to check the car whether got accident. even slight difference from the original also can find out. and again they can provide full report of the vehicle whether anything need to repair. Inspection fee heard about 200+. I am not sure.

last year i paid S$120 for a STA test.

Jadis;282450 said:
I heard at STA(??), they have the special equipment to check the car whether got accident. even slight difference from the original also can find out. and again they can provide full report of the vehicle whether anything need to repair. Inspection fee heard about 200+. I am not sure.

Orh LuLu;282454 said:

is STA that pro?

Orh LuLu;282454 said:

Ah Hia

Really can tell got accident or not meh????

I mean if nothing major like bumper kena and change new ones, is ok to me....

Cos I looking for used car now leh.....:(

I think they have different "menus" ranging from $100 to $200+.

All I know is for paintwork, they use some kinda ultrasound scanner or something to detect areas that might have been repainted. As for other areas like undercarriage, etc. I was always under the impression that they do it via visual inspection and a test drive.

At least they have the equipment to tell more story of your car which visually hard to detect. As for PML, they can provide you the service and inspection report.

I was at car mart last few month looking for used car. I realised most used cars are usually low mileage. Heard most dealers alter the meter. can anyone verify this ? :confused: :uhhh:

hypoC;282116 said:
Hi everyone,

Take it to PML and ask them to do a QC (Quality Control) check. Not expensive and will let you know the things that need to change soon. Do ask PML if there is any accident in their record.
Also watch out for the alignment of bumpers with wheel arches.

ezmobile;282473 said:
is STA that pro?

They make a blunder, you sue them for damages.

Alternatively, I would buy from someone who has been in this forum for a while.. at least he has a reputation to uphold because somehow some people will know him... compared to some stranger used car dealer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123BBargains

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back