Getting my 318i

Re: Getting my 318i

I hope I m not getting in a trouble, before me were 2 owners and total millage is 15k. Using mitsibishi from last 5 year and never had a single break down and not major repair. On top I m only spending around 1.5k a year on servicing. Dont know it is giving me more worry after reading 1.5k to 2k servicing by few bros here. Do anyone own 318i can share how much they are forking out yearly on maintainance.

IMO luck play a part too whether you are getting a car that has been
well maintained by previous owners
In general continental cars cost more to service & repair
Why not send to one of our site sponsors to evaluate and service?

davidtch;932463 said:
I moved from Nissan Sunny to E39 520. That's a great leap for me in term of car size.

many years back I went from a 800cc starlet to a Swift GTi,
that was a big difference in speed...

ozipo;932498 said:
IMO luck play a part too whether you are getting a car that has been
well maintained by previous owners
In general continental cars cost more to service & repair
Why not send to one of our site sponsors to evaluate and service?

Thanks, u mean after buying send to evaluate? Will dealer allow to send and inspect before final deal? Btw they have applied loan for me

I had a bicycle, then the next set of wheels was a Vespa. Huge leap.

Somemore both were paid for in cash... atas.

commonjunks;932503 said:
Thanks, u mean after buying send to evaluate? Will dealer allow to send and inspect before final deal? Btw they have applied loan for me

if there is any major fault you are covered and lessen your worries
They should provide a minimum 7 days warranty

davidtch;932291 said:
Congrats!!

What's the diff btw Lancer GLX & 318? Since both are 2L.

FWD vs RWD

commonjunks;932503 said:

Evaluate at a trusted workshop, then buy. STA assessment is worth sh!t. This is a reasonable, and common, request... don't let a dealer tell you what's "allowed" and what's not.

commonjunks;932340 said:
Thank you all for your love here.
Het, it is huge jump :yikess:.

Samuel, dealer saying everything tip condition. How do i check if need to change oil & filter? And if need to change where should i change it, car is still under warranty.

If ur car from PML and under warranty, you might want to check out her last service and any other issues. If no service record, you can try to clock at least one servicing record. I think nowsaday not too expensive at PML, they have standard pricing. Meanwhile you can ask them any other common problems, sometimes they kind enough to change certain wear and tear parts. I remember when I got my E46, just before warranty expired, they change all the window panel motors because they said it is common problems.

commonjunks;932489 said:
I hope I m not getting in a trouble, before me were 2 owners and total millage is 15k. Using mitsibishi from last 5 year and never had a single break down and not major repair. On top I m only spending around 1.5k a year on servicing. Dont know it is giving me more worry after reading 1.5k to 2k servicing by few bros here. Do anyone own 318i can share how much they are forking out yearly on maintainance.

Dont worry, it is alright since yours 2011 only.

welcome commonjunks, enjoy your stay in BMWSG :)

Not to worry too much lar . Since u bought it already, u should look after it ...most important sent for regular servicing.
The rest...is heng sway lar. Some of is here buy bmw also no problem.

commonjunks;932394 said:
Yes sir, reporting to duty.
Only i am the one who is keeping this nick :).

Great. Can join meetups to take photos...

Don't worry too much about maintenance since the car is quite new.

welcome ! will experience a hard/tight steering from now :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
good88compink

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back