Glass coating?

Re: Glass coating?

My group of friends swear by this CSII.

I've decided to give it a try and will be going for it in 2 weeks time, will give my personal take on it thereafter.

Website: No indication that they dare to warranty the duration of the quality?

Under the service rate... it was indicated that it was a 3 yrs warranty + 1 comprehensive maintanance service...

I sent them an email which they replied pretty fast. They indicated that the difference btw the CS2 and glass coating is warranty. CS2 is 18-24months and glass coating is 36 months. Otherwise they mentioned abt the glass coating is rather about the same as CS2 namely easier to maintain, protection against harmful contaminants and corrosions etc.

So it protects the shine and gloss longer than CS2. The question is should i pay abt double the price for CS2 for extra 1 yr protection or just go for the normal CS2 and after 2 years go for another round?

I have tried several such "coatings" (Glaze, Amazing Glace, ToughSxx etc) and none of them could maintin the "water repelling" effect for long. At most, it holds for two or three months.

I would be happy to pay for the glass coating process if they could guarantee me that the water repelling effect will last 36 months. I DOUBT.

Paint sealant, coating, etc etc is a myth.

shake;686729 said:
Hi,

Will be getting my ride soon and thinking of doing PPS. Anyone done Glass Coating?

.:: Welcome to CS-II International ::.

Any other recommendations?

I just done this today. They are very detailed, took them like 4-5hrs to complete my car.
They also measured the shine. I got a 97 rating after the treatment.
Also got a goodie bag and 1 time free touch up with 36 months of warranty.

I was also considering armor coat, but takes too long a couple of days.
maybe when this glass coating is over i will try armor coat.

jonjees;687633 said:
I just done this today. They are very detailed, took them like 4-5hrs to complete my car.

Do you mind PM me how much you pay for the Glass Coating?

MapleLeaf;687195 said:
I have tried several such "coatings" (Glaze, Amazing Glace, ToughSxx etc) and none of them could maintin the "water repelling" effect for long. At most, it holds for two or three months.

I would be happy to pay for the glass coating process if they could guarantee me that the water repelling effect will last 36 months. I DOUBT.

Paint sealant, coating, etc etc is a myth.

fully agree. I have tried amazing glaze and a few other brands on my previous cars and none can last more than 2 months. In the end, I decide that I rather go for regular washing and occasional polishing/waxing. Cheaper and as good.

jonjees;687633 said:

Did they advise any aftercare tips after the glass-coating?

They said that no polishing nor waxing can be done to the car after CSII-treatment :thinking:

BMWager;688205 said:
Did they advise any aftercare tips after the glass-coating?

They said that no polishing nor waxing can be done to the car after CSII-treatment :thinking:

aftercare tips is just to wash with water for 1st couple of days.

thereafter you can do the regular car wash thingy, but of cos if you go for another polishing, this glass coating would be stripped off.

but i am not so sure about applying wax thou.

car still looks good after 2 days of travelling in rain thou, i just wiped with water thus far.

snowmanyee;688099 said:
fully agree. I have tried amazing glaze and a few other brands on my previous cars and none can last more than 2 months. In the end, I decide that I rather go for regular washing and occasional polishing/waxing. Cheaper and as good.

Same experience here.....no protection can last long especially in our wet and dry environment. If it rains for the next few days right after you did the polish, your polished protection would have worn out more than 50%!!

It good to do once a while but cant expect them to last very long....cheers!

The best protection is to claybar windscreen until smooth smooth.

I didn't know can use claybar on windscreen. I thought the purpose of claybar is to remove debric from paint.

helbreath;688387 said:
I didn't know can use claybar on windscreen. I thought the purpose of claybar is to remove debric from paint.

Sure you can, it will remove all fine particles.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asahihotpotvn
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back