Golf lessons

Re: Golf lessons

Tough game to learn. Stuggling with it too.

Really depends where you live and which driving range you go to. Will PM you coach I used before.

Speaking from my own experience, it will help if you learn the game with some friends or family members. That allows you to learn, struggle, progress and begin to enjoy the game together:)

For now its satu orang .....

OYG;998389 said:
Speaking from my own experience, it will help if you learn the game with some friends or family members. That allows you to learn, struggle, progress and begin to enjoy the game together:)

Red_Bean_Bun;998406 said:
For now its satu orang .....

start a Golf thread under events?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Me also learning n am struggling too. Lol

OYG;998389 said:

On the contrary, its always best to engage a pro/coach to help u with the beginner lessons.

It is easier to learn with a clean slate than trying to adjust after the so called tips and lessons from friends.

After you grasp the basics, then find your friends to play with you on a course, that's where the fun is, not the driving range.

Yes, it is important to get all your basics right i.e. engaging a pro or join a small group beginner class. I fully agree hitting hundreds of balls at the driving range is really boring. You can hit your "perfect straight and long" shots at the range but it will be totally different ball game when you step onto the course i.e. the view, the fresh air, the walking, water hazard, slopes, lies, bunkers, etc....

Enjoy your game:)

OYG;998505 said:
Yes, it is important to get all your basics right i.e. engaging a pro or join a small group beginner class. I fully agree hitting hundreds of balls at the driving range is really boring. You can hit your "perfect straight and long" shots at the range but it will be totally different ball game when you step onto the course i.e. the view, the fresh air, the walking, water hazard, slopes, lies, bunkers, etc....

Enjoy your game:)

Honestly, if you can find a pretty partner to hit balls with, thousands of balls also ok.

Agreed. Engage a proper coach.

Minimise risk of long term injury as well.

Oh ya, and the buying (of golf equipment) will begin really soon!!

I love golf because it is a sport where I can dress like a professional without having to play like one!! :D

Yes, i am not a golfer cos my game sucks BUT i am a golf lover :)

Also depends on where you will play most in future. You need to have a recognised handicap card in order to play at all golf courses in Singapore. It is better to go through the proper route for getting your pc (like a provisional driving licence) first with a pro (coach) working your way to earn and maintain your handicap card. I think Marina Bay Golf Course has pros based there to offer golf classes and certification and maintenance of handicap card for people who do not yet own a golf membership. At most courses in Malaysia, handicap card is not mandatory though.

Torhui;998552 said:
We should start a regular golf get together!!

Yes support! I stopped for almost a year due to work travels and wanted to play more regularly again.

OYG;998547 said:
Yes, i am not a golfer cos my game sucks BUT i am a golf lover :)

Also depends on where you will play most in future. You need to have a recognised handicap card in order to play at all golf courses in Singapore. It is better to go through the proper route for getting your pc (like a provisional driving licence) first with a pro (coach) working your way to earn and maintain your handicap card. I think Marina Bay Golf Course has pros based there to offer golf classes and certification and maintenance of handicap card for people who do not yet own a golf membership. At most courses in Malaysia, handicap card is not mandatory though.

MBGC, that's where all the syt and xmm are ! lol.

By the way, the course there is also open to public, no need handicap.
Just need a swing test, 5-10 swings at the ball and if it flies straight, ur good to go !

pizzaboi;998562 said:
MBGC, that's where all the syt and xmm are ! lol.

By the way, the course there is also open to public, no need handicap.
Just need a swing test, 5-10 swings at the ball and if it flies straight, ur good to go !

Really...? Interesting.... My boot very spacious, can easily take in another set but it has to be a ladies' golf bag with pink hello kitty pweents. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bk8vnwin
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back