Good Spray Paint Shop using top notch lacquer to recommend?

dracoken

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to respray my space grey F10 to either jet black or sapphire black. But I'm really have no clue as to which shop will be able to do a job with at least the standard of bmw factory paintwork.

As I believe the job will always looks nice when we collect the car, but the durability of it is a concern.

I think the lacquer plays an important role to the quallity of the paintwork and can achieve better visual effects when the lacquer is of good quality.
As shops will usually promise using a good brand but does anyone knows which brand of lacquer is really top notch lacquer (durable in lesser fading rate and the thick lacquer feeling on the car) that can be as good as bmw factory or even better?

Thank you for your input in advance!
Really Appreciate any help!

Re: Good Spray Paint Shop using top notch lacquer to recommend?

Hi, BMW factory paint is by machine so dun think anyone in sgp can produce the same result but if u do a search for spray paint, I think MIKE will come up many times....

go to someone that most of the owner had tried and certify, don't go those ah being ah seng shop, i got my silver x5 change to white color, in the end all the external rubber and side step all any how fix, and it even drop off. this paint shop by all mean avoid.. Bak Lee at sin ming just beside yew lip

I wanted to soot the "PLEASE USE SEARCH FUNCTION" line on TS but then I realised, there is no such thing as BEST spray painters who can replicate factory paintwork.

Although the considerations are valid, re lacquer and standard of workmanship, I would think if you are going to drive the car long term, meaning 5yrs or more..then get the bestest available in the market cos u need it to last. If you are just going on a whim to spray for fun (like me last time) and driving only a couple of years (like me last time), then u don't need to get the bestest painter but just get a reasonably good shop to do it.

For me, I went for one of the more expensive painters cos I am fussy. I went to Sin Wee Chuan last time and Mike is considered one of the best in the market (at least thats what I feel and also from alot of feedback). But I do know there are a few very good ones on the market and each person's opinion will differ.

To add. Conti cars are using water based paint. Local & Japanese made car a using oil based. Local can't use water based because of the climate reason. Though i heard there is a shop using water based paint. Still could not find where the shop is.
To find the diff between those 2. Run a search. You get the answers from there.

u sibei heng, i sprayed my f10 from space grey to jet black
with the beloved mike swc
1) he is good rest assured
2) he is more ex so dun whine cos he is good
3) he is attitude dun anyhow pray pray with him but he is good
4) he will take 2 weeks longer than some but he is good
5) he will niao you if you very ngiao but the final product is better than good

Last edited by a moderator:

Currently I hv leave my ride @ sin ming auto care paintshop cos my dealer insist they are good...
I request to strip all doors,bumpers,doors rubber,side skirt,interior panel and possible the front and rear windscreen..etc.....
I also inform them if any parts or clips break ps get it replace!!!!!!
Will update if their job is ...swee... swee
***My only worries is after installing all the body parts and panel whether will hv those....yee...yee.... noise!!!!!

Thank you all for your input.

I certainly hope to go with this mike, but sadly my dealer insist spraying with their specific shop call Ricardo.

Anyone has feedback or experience with Ricardo?

Any input is Really greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi bro, I understand hw u feel cos I hv the same issue but.....u might just go ahead cos end of the day we can hold the dealer responsible if there is any issue.

I just resprayed my ride from midnight blue to sparkling black, Dupont paint and lacquer at 1st Auto in Circuit Road. Down time 2 weeks and cost me $3,740 with replacement of new rubber sealants on all four doors. I m not too sure of d lasting long term effect but for now m happy with d end result. Solid...always smiling quietly every time I approached my ride! I m not IT savvy and do not know how to post d picture here...sorry.

Hi guys, can check after the full job of spraying, does your sound/wind proofing affected?

yuziqpalmyra;877240 said:
I just resprayed my ride from midnight blue to sparkling black, Dupont paint and lacquer at 1st Auto in Circuit Road. Down time 2 weeks and cost me $3,740 with replacement of new rubber sealants on all four doors. I m not too sure of d lasting long term effect but for now m happy with d end result. Solid...always smiling quietly every time I approached my ride! I m not IT savvy and do not know how to post d picture here...sorry.

Hi Yuziq,

Is your Sparkling Black meaning Jet Black with no metalic dust or Sapphire Black with metalic dust?

hi yuziq

do you mean jet black that sparkles or metallic black which sparkles or your face sparkles when see car or you like sparkling water?

dracoken;878416 said:
Hi Yuziq,

Is your Sparkling Black meaning Jet Black with no metalic dust or Sapphire Black with metalic dust?

Hi dracoken,

jet black with no sparkling dust. The uncle (painter} called it solid black.

golilok;878493 said:
hi yuziq

do you mean jet black that sparkles or metallic black which sparkles or your face sparkles when see car or you like sparkling water?

My teeth that sparkles relected by the shine of my ride..he..he

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hi88onlineclub
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back