GoodYear Eagle F1 Assymetric

BlackAss

Hi guys,

After 4 - 5 years of driving on GS-D3 (on 3 different cars), I find this trend (could be due to my car set-up, 18 inche rims, lowered suspension) that it gets noisy after ~ 6months (depending on mileage). I observed the pulsating low pitched humming from the tyres, and the tyre shop commented that this is inherent in its design. I switched the tyres from left to right every ~12K km (offset rims). There is no remedy to it, have to change tyres if I cannot leave with the noise. I wonder if it would go away if I were to switch them left to right (and vice versa) and wear the uneveness out?

Anyways, was told and read some reviews that the new Eagle F1 Assymetric tyres seems to be among the best:

Testing New Trends In Max Performance Tires

Any idea where I can find them at this moment? I am not sure if it has been launched here in Singapore.

Any comments on the above subject is appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: GoodYear Eagle F1 Assymetric

Think there are 2 Goodyear tires that replaces the GS-D3, the Excellence and the Assymetric. Both can be found from Hurry Tires. I know that Babe has the Excellence. Maybe she can chime in on the tires.

Azrielsc;358175 said:
Think there are 2 Goodyear tires that replaces the GS-D3, the Excellence and the Assymetric. Both can be found from Hurry Tires. I know that Babe has the Excellence. Maybe she can chime in on the tires.

:woowooo:

I had first hand experience with Goodyear Excellence. STAY AWAY FROM THIS UNLESS YOU LOVE BUMPY AND NOISY RIDE

..... my cousin who got this is trading them in after 1 month of use:furious:

Thanks for the tip. Will stay away from them. The reviews for the Assymetrics were good.

Only certain models are made in thailand, most of the high end ones from Goodyear were German Made I think.

Hi,

My car's using the German-made GS-D3 and I have been quite happy with them. I have a friend who has the Thailand-made GS-D3 and they are noisy (see my other post "CSC3-any feedback"), just like how you described. It's the quality of tyres and not due to any other reason.

I checked recently and found that the GS-D3 are now all from Thailand. The German-made ones I was told are probably old stock. Called up Goodyear and one of their distributors and was told they are not bringing in the Asymmetric (at least for my tyre size 225/45R17).

Hi,

I checked with Hurry Tyres, they only brought in 19 inches tyres for Assymetrics. The other sizes may be available in about 2 months.

cheers

BlackAss;359925 said:
Hi,

I checked with Hurry Tyres, they only brought in 19 inches tyres for Assymetrics. The other sizes may be available in about 2 months.

cheers

I called Mr Tan yesterday. He quoted me $350 for 18" GY F1 Asymmetric. Hmm...

Are you kidding??? I was in the shop on Wednesday 16th. I spoke with him personally, he said he only had 19 inchers, and have to wait ~2 months for the 18 inchers. Maybe he was referring to a different profile for 18 inchers. I will call him again.

Thanks!

BlackAss;360008 said:
Are you kidding??? I was in the shop on Wednesday 16th. I spoke with him personally, he said he only had 19 inchers, and have to wait ~2 months for the 18 inchers. Maybe he was referring to a different profile for 18 inchers. I will call him again.

Thanks!

Hopefully he didnt made any mistakes..... my request was 245/40/18. cant be 19 cos the price is $350!

Even it is consider cheap for a 18 incher.... and direct from Germany if I am not wrong. PS2 cost $550 and Bridgestone RE050A around $480-500 per piece.

Checked with them again. They have few 18 inche sizes. Not the size that I need. Go grab if the size fits your rims, before they get sold out. Please let us know how you feel about these tyres, especially its comfort / noise level and wet handling. I am going to wait for them to bring the the right size for me next month.

Thanks and Regards.

Would like to hear some FR how it fairs against the legendary PS2 ( which comes with legendary price)

The Eagle F1 Asymmmetric is available at South East Tyre, I was there on Saturday looking for 245/40/18 replacement. In the end I got the Bridgestone Potenza RE001 which is in the low 300s. Previously I was on German made GSD3, its side wall were too soft for my liking. The RE001 are more grippy, and therefore a tad noisier compared to the GSD3. The harder side wall make my ride firmer and gives me more confidence when negotiating corners, not that I drive fast. I feel the roads more, like the tire having a bigger contact area than the GSD3.

I just changed to F1 Asymmetric (made in Germany) 245/35R19 front and 275/30R19 rear. Done about 1,000+km so far. Quite comfortable ride and quiet thus far. Will see how they fair in the longer term. Similar traction as RE050A but more comfortable ride.

Hi, how much did you pay for those tyres? Mine will be 17".

Hi,

I am on F1 Asym, setup, 225/45/17 front and 245/40/17 rear. Those r made in Germany.

I got the rear from GY shop at Kaki Bukit, Binter Coy. The front they dont carry, so I got it from tirerack, paid for the freight...

I would said good grip (better than RE050) and traction (agree that quite equal to RE050), but believe there r better traction tires. Sidewall flexi, so tends to roll a little during hard cornering, but very stable. It is quiet and more comfort due to its flexi sidewall. If you like more stiff, pump more air. Wet is quite good. In fact it performs optimal on after rain road.. responsive steering (lesser than the RE050). Less bumpy on rough roads, direct feedback (but not as progressive as ContiSport Contact). F1 Asym is quite light weight tyres too, front is 23lb, rear is 25lb. But I think csc3 is the lighter and it has the same flexi wall as F1 Asym

I was on FK452, gosh.. dry grip is horrible.. but cut water paddles like nothing.

I have seem the RE001, sticky rubber, I suppose good grip, but a lot heavier..

You can come as see the tyres and maybe can test drive it .. :)) I got the EVO tyre 2007 test results and powercar 2007 tyres results, can send to those interested. They tested 8-9 tyres, blind test.

IMHO......Goodyear Eagle F1 is ok, dry and wet also normal.... quite good interms of price and quality..... bang for buck road tyres.... but dun try stunts with it.... i used it before and i dun think it can tahan daring corner stunts....

cheers

Try TS Auto at Sembawang, opposite Khatib camp...got my F1 Assy from them. They should have stock for available sizes..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwinltd
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back