Goodyear F1 Asymmetric low profile sidewall crack

Re: Goodyear F1 Asymmetric low profile sidewall crack

depends on how much loads u got n weight of the car in general
my previous M3 1550kg, 240F/260R Kpas wif occasional passengers....tires never cracked.

Deadkookaburra;496109 said:
have TPMS so my tyres r never under inflate. well really think is quality issue and the cracks are hard to spot (about 1cm in 4 places) esp if you tyre is inflated. there are neat horizontal slits just above the rim on the inside wall.

it's more obvious when u deflate them...but who will do that for no reason. HAHA!

well mine's Mar 08 manfactured tyre Made in Germany also...installed in Apr 09 and just found the slits.

My only worry...rear tyre size 265/30/19 is hard to find....calling "Dave" any spare stocks?
Hi Bro,
I'm back. Easy mah, pay for 265 size and upgrade to 275 lor. Few of our 335 brudders did that .

Last edited by a moderator:

Deadkookaburra;495248 said:
well just found out today my front 6 months old Goodyear A/S has developed several crack along the inner sidewalls. 235/35/19

doubt it's due to poor inflation as it's always been monitored...kindda of disappointed with GY's quality.

my ride runs on goodyear a/s too. better have the tires checked.

on second thought, should we get an explanation from goodyear and, perhaps, even replacement under a 'warranty' condition?

My pressure on my GY ASYM is now 33 psi or abt 230 kpa nia, very comfy. Will crack sidewall or not ?

Ahbengdriver;506061 said:
My pressure on my GY ASYM is now 33 psi or abt 230 kpa nia, very comfy. Will crack sidewall or not ?
simi size? 18"? sounds reasonable to me

Slater;506064 said:
simi size? 18"? sounds reasonable to me

19". In fact feel like downing the front pressure to 225 kpa but keep rear at 230 kpa.

The GY ASYM is really galactically farking good !!! I wonder why I was an idiot paying almost twice as much for Michelin PS2 previously. I think the PS2 distirbutor shld go screw the camel...:laughing:

Ahbengdriver;506071 said:
19". In fact feel like downing the front pressure to 225 kpa but keep rear at 230 kpa.

The GY ASYM is really galactically farking good !!! I wonder why I was an idiot paying almost twice as much for Michelin PS2 previously. I think the PS2 distirbutor shld go screw the camel...:laughing:
bro 5kpa diff might as well dun pump. keep it at 230kpa all round? nothing lower pls. worried for u when running over freakin integrated resort or circle line bumps and kerbs.

F1 Assym so good arr? must try on my next ride.

Slater;506076 said:
bro 5kpa diff might as well dun pump. keep it at 230kpa all round?

Hiadee, 5kpa makes helluva difference when u run 19s. :evillook:

Ahbengdriver;506382 said:
Hiadee, 5kpa makes helluva difference when u run 19s. :evillook:
jun boh. ran 19" 235 front and 240 rear cant feel any diff. opted 235 all round.

wow ... the crack is serious. go to city tyre and you should get replacement FOC :thumbsup:
i think you need to tell them where you bought your tyres to verify AD or PI tyres for warranty claim.

kablammo;542466 said:
I a have set of Germany made Asymmetrics and have experienced cracks on 2 tires. Both inside and outside. 5,000 miles of use, production date of 2007. I'm trying toget them covered under warranty and will update when I find out anything.

DSCN6551 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

DSCN6553 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

K

year 2007 production... 5000 miles....when did you get the tyres?

are you in singapore or? seldom see miles being used....

Alas my German made F1 Asym developed cracks in the sidewalls of the front tyres. Sent them over to Goodyear and they refused to cover stating that I had uneven wear due to negative camber :(

Needless to say I won't be recommending them to anyone anymore.

fuzzy;542588 said:
Alas my German made F1 Asym developed cracks in the sidewalls of the front tyres. Sent them over to Goodyear and they refused to cover stating that I had uneven wear due to negative camber :(

Alamak better check mine then. Scar-lee crack.:shock: So which tyre should I get next? Falcon?:ehhh:

fuzzy;542588 said:

Wow to think that I almost put down deposit for the tyres just to secure them! I'll look at other brands then

Ahbengdriver;543023 said:
Alamak better check mine then. Scar-lee crack.:shock: So which tyre should I get next? Falcon?:ehhh:
next go for Pirelli lor.

Ahbengdriver;543023 said:

can try the new CSC5. but that will confirm crack the piggy bank. :laughlik:

having said that, seems like most of those crack on the F1 AS occurs on those lower profile rubber. the rest doesn't seems to have such issue.

Yes, been using it since last oct till now, but mine was 40 series, so far so good & god blessed.

i believe this defect applies to the older tyres i.e manufacturing year 08 or before.

i assume it is manufacturing defect rather that design flaw huh and new batch of production should be fine.

i find F1 ASY is the most cost effective (i mean cheap la) for its performance compare to PS2, CSC3, Yoko Advan, etc

Deadkookaburra;544419 said:
i believe this defect applies to the older tyres i.e manufacturing year 08 or before.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vl88baby

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back