Government Intervention in COE's again

Re: Government Intervention in COE's again

MW;689090 said:
I strongly believe that there should be a total ban on foreign cars coming into Singapore or charge them high high if they wanna drive on SG roads. Why must we Singaporeans always be penalised? I see so many Malaysian bikes and trucks everyday.

They will also do likewise to Sg cars going to MY.

Unfortunately, we need the skilled blue collar worker coming from JB to Sg daily. For example, my sound system guys and air con servicing chaps all come to Sg from JB daily.

I think the government shld cut ARF further and make up the deficit by charging much higher ERP.

Let say an average road user drive 20,000km a year he save $20,000 in ARF over ten years but he pay $2,000 per year more in ERP. If he continue to drive the same distance it would be no difference to him. However he is free to adjust his driving habit depending whether he is willing to pay. The ERP rates can be tweaked so that it reach an equilibrium which is less congested.

But of course this system is still bias towards richer car-buyers.

Welbo;689597 said:
They will also do likewise to Sg cars going to MY.

Unfortunately, we need the skilled blue collar worker coming from JB to Sg daily. For example, my sound system guys and air con servicing chaps all come to Sg from JB daily.

Seriously it's not Malaysian who did this to us. Many years back Malaysian had already came to Singapore but we don't have this problems at all. It's becos the government have let 3.5 million foreigners in Singapore ( so call FT) that cos these problems ..

helbreath;689656 said:
I think the government shld cut ARF further and make up the deficit by charging much higher ERP.

Let say an average road user drive 20,000km a year he save $20,000 in ARF over ten years but he pay $2,000 per year more in ERP. If he continue to drive the same distance it would be no difference to him. However he is free to adjust his driving habit depending whether he is willing to pay. The ERP rates can be tweaked so that it reach an equilibrium which is less congested.

But of course this system is still bias towards richer car-buyers.

If you need to go to that place do you think ERP will stop anyone from going there? ERP is just another excuse for the government to take more money from us. Should ERP be 10 dollars per entry and you need to pass the ERP for an important appointment , are you going to tell your client that you are not going becos of the ERP are too high!!

i really wish the singapore government will stop trying to regulate cars on the road by coe prices

my small suggestion is to separate the pricing of a car from the COE.

you want to buy a car? go and apply for a COE yourself and PAY IN FULL for it.

then buy a car with your COE in hand.

eliminates the opaqueness of guaranteed, non-guaranteed COE, topping up and other BS from car purchases.

also makes one think harder when bidding at the right price rather than big ADs anyhow punching in numbers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ku3933
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back