• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Green Plus Fuel Catalyst

Re: Green Plus Fuel Catalyst

The links provided included at least 5 pages from news agencies and not Green Plus competitors. The news reports quote FedEx rep directly re: FedEx fleet test.

Dyno won't do, neither will cylinder pressure because the variances are larger than gains or claimed gains. ie. You don't use a meter rule to measure a bore or a video camera and slide rule to measure suspension travel. Butt feel is influenced by the soft mind.

Green Plus is up for govt. re-test Feb 15th, so hopefully it does well because at this point it is not confirmed good or bad with claims on either side, no numbers. What doesn't help it is that there've been a thousand different products and claims like this in the past and they've all come and gone. Green Plus might be the exception.

Sociology overrules fact and logic in most of the world, most industries, and only to to varying degrees. The very fact that anything non-positive is pointed out is enough to cause further blind devotion between friends. That's the way it is, but we all do what we think is right.

Talk of no motivation to speak anything but truth are hard to believe when products are being sold. Doesn't matter if it is 10 dollar keychains.. it's a sale. Money, favour of an associate/friend, whatever it is, the seller always has more potential non-pure motivation than someone pointing to other side of the argument for balanced view. Which is why it is so critical that product/service really have strong merit to positively crush raised negatives.

It's not a matter of like it buy, don't like don't buy. There is always accountability... like advertizing standards on TV, etc.

Rodney might not like me by now, but I still think he's a good person, along with CP, both of who I am grateful to for things they've shared on other things in the past. It's tricky to talk about principle when it involves people you like and their earning. Hope remains that we can separate general principle from personal relations.

This is gonna burst into another essay thread..

Anyway.

Is feeling a little happier about your car worth $32? I think it is. Just like how some people fill up with V-Power and some with 98. Maybe V-Power is slightly better for our engines.. But is it worth the price hike?

Individual preferences.

Let's not hijack this thread. Rodney isn't out to make a fast buck. If anything, he has saved me lots with his work on my car.

Cheers and good morning to everyone.

saifywaify;272211 said:
Is feeling a little happier about your car worth $32? I think it is.

Feeling happier about your car is worth any amount of money that you choose to pay.

but I wish to show people at least, whether it is true that they should feel happy or not. Because, if Green Plus is bogus, maybe you want to spend your S$32 on Blue Plus which REALLY works, and you feel happier with your car and the `happy feeling' is justified by facts.

So now ask yourself, is there REALLY anything to feel happy about when I spend S$32 on Green Plus?

of course.

Along with that $32, I absorbed invaluable, unbiased knowledge from Rod. A simple 15 minute job extended to 2 hours because we were having fun talking about mandrel bent exhausts and chrome plated airboxes.

All in all, as a package, it was money well spent :)

saifywaify said:
of course.

Along with that $32, I absorbed invaluable, unbiased knowledge from Rod. A simple 15 minute job extended to 2 hours because we were having fun talking about mandrel bent exhausts and chrome plated airboxes.

+1.

I can see the purpose of debating purely on product merits and perhaps even exposing snakeoil sales scheme, but for an "additive" like Greenplus, it is more of a "butt-feel" kinda purchases. For some, if not many, forumers, lots of trust has been placed with Rod and CP over the years, and while the engineering-minded might focus on the product, many of us bought and experienced the positive merits of these products (Greenplus and Volker). Asking me to testify in quantitative terms will be akin to debating why BK burgers taste better. It just taste better !!!

saifywaify;272224 said:
of course.

When you say that, does that mean you are condescending to Rod?

What you imply, to me, is... whether the Green Plus work or not, you don't care, but you paid S$32 for his company and consultancy, and the product is irrelevant.

Rod says that it works, so perhaps both of you are not on the same bandwidth.

But if both of you are on the same bandwidth, both of you are valueing the `communion' but both utterly disregarding the validity of the product, no matter what Rod is saying in public, then ... I'm scared of this world already.

Saify... i am sorry that your butt got kicked by a F430.... but how not to blame you....to think that you wanted to take him on.... ha hah....

Seriously... was bobby damn happy?

Shaun..

You know me better than that..i too am a skeptic of snake oil. I just cannot explain how Green + works in quantifiable terms.

Anyway, how's things there?

Sam, Kallang Mac's tomorrow at 6.30PM can? Same place as the meetups..

Guys, i'll be there giving out the samples...kinda like Class 95 decal give aways..

Except it's a BMW-SG give away...

centurion;272227 said:

What you imply, to me, is... whether the Green Plus work or not, you don't care, but you paid S$32 for his company and consultancy, and the product is irrelevant.

But if both of you are on the same bandwidth, both of you are valueing the `communion' but both utterly disregarding the validity of the product, no matter what Rod is saying in public, then ... I'm scared of this world already.

I think this is getting no where...

Centurion, would you like to come down tomorrow for a sample? If you like the power delivery say so. If not just brand it as snake oil. You are welcome to post your comments here. It is afterall a public forum.

What Saify said was just his opinion, we were standing in a light drizzle talking over a F430 and it's kind of fun. I myself have never worked on a Ferrari before. It was an eye opener for me too.

If you take a basic car and do the basic things, the car will perform the basic functions. Why mod? Dun waste time right?

Dun knock it if you ain't tried it....

yendor;272252 said:
Saify... i am sorry that your butt got kicked by a F430.... but how not to blame you....to think that you wanted to take him on.... ha hah....

Seriously... was bobby damn happy?

According to Bobby who was more than happy, he said after 20 mins he could feel it, shortly to be fined by Police for parking on a double yellow. Poor fella! And there were no cars at all. I could have bought 2.23 bottles with that summon!

centurion;272227 said:

... Not gonna bother. I think your Cayman is a waste of money.

Scared of this world? Become a caveman with your Cayman.

Anyway Rod, yeah he seriously liked it. We'll meet up again for some drinks sometime la. Upz for you man. Dont waste the free samples on him please.

elmariachi;272260 said:
According to Bobby who was more than happy, he said after 20 mins he could feel it, shortly to be fined by Police for parking on a double yellow. Poor fella! And there were no cars at all. I could have bought 2.23 bottles with that summon!

Ouch!!!...WTF? Speeding never kenna... then kenna parking ticket...

Sad case sia....

Hi yendor,

Thanks for the offer for a free sample. I need to know what it really does before I use it.

In the same way that when clubbers give me pills to eat and i don't eat what I don't know, even if they say it's a wonderous pill.

When I was younger I used various additives like STP Fuel Injector Cleaner etc. Only to have multiple sensor failure within the same tankful. Not to mention every single car manual I've read implores us not to use fuel additives. That's not to say I will not use additives, or detergents, but really someone will have to give a critical insight on what it does first.

Anyway, you yourself could easily run a placebo test if you're interested. When Saify comes again for a bottle, ask him to close his eyes. Then you either put in the additive or you do not. Say you don't put the additive in. Then ask him - `can you guess whether I put the additive in or not?'

If he, in his usual bluster, says that ... `man, rod, thanks for the big green boost. It's so dope! It rox!!! Screw Centurion, stupid dick' enough times, then you know that Green Plus is snake oil.

Try it on several people. Maybe 10-20.

If you have a 40-60% right answer or wrong answer, then you know, it's snake oil.

If you got 90% right answer, then wow, it does something to your engine.

Then you worry whether it's ecstasy pill effect or not - short term gains for long term damage.

That's for another day.

Well, when you pour in STP fuel injector cleaner, the base is kerosene and the aim for that is prolong the burning. What they aim for is to dissolve the varnish on the injectors and increase the exhaust temps to attempt to burn off the carbon deposits on the exhaust valves. With your reply, i can gather that you used the cleaner once after a long long time and that may have just brought your O2 sensors over the limit and the ECU threw a fault code.

Well right now, you have an option of 35ml of (99.5% IPA) vs 335ml of kerosene ratios of mixture. If you consider that alcohol based products are ok then consider the mixing proportions. Green + advocates a ratio of 0.05%-0.07% per volume. Can you gurantee that the fuel you buy is that pure?

I have already explained (in my limited knowledge) how green+ is supposed to work.

The choice is yours.

Cheers

oh yes, before i forget, As a catalyst, i cannot perform that experiment cos it will work in decresing efficacies with decreasing dosages. There will be some treated fuel left in the tank and the difference will not easily be felt as it slowly fades away. It is more telling when you pour it in.

So use the placebo test on your new customers.

yendor;272284 said:
oh yes, before i forget, As a catalyst, i cannot perform that experiment cos it will work in decresing efficacies with decreasing dosages. There will be some treated fuel left in the tank and the difference will not easily be felt as it slowly fades away. It is more telling when you pour it in.

yendor;272273 said:
Ouch!!!...WTF? Speeding never kenna... then kenna parking ticket...

Sad case sia....

The blues were attracted to the green. :lol2:

yendor;272253 said:
Shaun..

You know me better than that..i too am a skeptic of snake oil. I just cannot explain how Green + works in quantifiable terms.

Anyway, how's things there?

Things are good. Off season so can breathe a little for a couple months till testing begins for '08. Probably be back sometime mid-late'08 for vacation before heading to China with a friend because it is going ballistic with high demand and low supply at least for now. Glad to hear CP is doing well by selling lots of Green for generators.

I think there is a possibility that results for constant speed low engine speed engines like generators may be different from automotive applications with varying speed and generally higher engine speed (sport applications). So I think a double-blind test as Centurion has suggested is a good idea. If even a one time initial thing since you say residual effects remain after first use. Other than that personally I do hope the govt. re-test in Feb is conclusive and settles everything. Green might make a killing then selling to fuel companies which can then officially advertize it as giving X% more mileage and being cleaner too. Once one does it, the rest must follow or just about die as their low-efficiency fuels won't sell anymore.

Cheers

===

Now separately and to the rest, for the most part. A car is a car for the most part, same systems same hardware. From high to low end there may be differences of a couple variable-thisandthat systems, but 95% is the same Work on a Skoda Octavia, work on an F430. Work on a Formula Atlantic, work on Formula One. Attention to detail and budget constant, everything is the same.

Personally I think it is touching in some ways when people band together for a friend because it is the softer side of our nature acting. It's not entirely negative. Just like people who spend lots saving an entire generation of sub-saharan Africans from starvation, but not attempting at all to educate them about family management given their situation, to the point that 15 years later there is a second wave, twice as large in number to save again.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
libonexgummy

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back