Greetings :)

kokchoon

Greetings to all members of this wonderful site!

My name is KokChoon, thus my nick ;)

I am currently driving a 523iA, E39, produced in 1998. Paid the COE to use the car for another 10 years last year as I really like this car :)

I have been working for an Italian company for almost two decades, in the Finance and Administrative department as I am a certified Accountant by profession.

This is my 4th BMW, but never got a brand new one as being an Accountant, I guess I am too calculative on those HIGH depreciation figures in the first few years of ownership :p

Hope to join in the fun in one of those gatherings organized.

Cheers
KokChoon
located in East of Singapore, in Kampong called Eunos ;)

Re: Greetings :)

Hi there!

Besides the introduction above, I would like to ask for some helps on upgrading the 16" rims on my E39.

I am thinking of 18", does it make sense at all?

If so, should I go for a pre-owned set or brand new ones, as my car is already 10 years old, though it only passed the 100'000km mark last month :p

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Cheers
KokChoon

Welcome KokChoon

18 makes sense, 19in better sense, looks good.
but since u r coming from 16, i think ur system will be shocked with 3 inches up
so go with 18

as for used vs new..it is up to you. shud be plenty of used ones i reckon in some tires shops like RayS, Hurry Tires, South East, Leong Seng

If u want a new one, I know Leong Seng is clearing his set of 3 piece wheels OZ Superleggera III for 18 inch

Go check it out

Here u go.............

Make a trip down to Leong Seng to check out on the rims. I'm sure they have something you'd like. Then do your homework on what you really want in the rims, be in weight, design, strength...

We will be having our monthly meetup this Sunday at 4.30pm beside Kallang Leisure Dome. You might wish to drop by to speak to some of these experts here like TripleM (heehee)...

Thanks fiercepink and TripleM,

Guess I will try to make a trip this Satruday to check it out at Leong Seng ;)

Would love to join you guys this Sunday but alas got to go with the family for "Tomb Sweeping", paying respect to my late father and grand-parents. Hope to join you in the next gathering to learn from the expert :p

Cheers
KokChoon

Just checked and realised that Leong Seng is located in Ubi, very near to my work place at Kaki Bukit. Will try to sneak out tomorrow to check out the rims.

Thanks again to TripleM for your guidance!

Cheers
KokChoon

no problem
look for Daniel, tell him Jack the yellow banana sent you.

KC ,

Good to see you here my friend, welcome , let me know if you need some help.

Cheers,

Noel

TripleM;426151 said:
no problem
look for Daniel, tell him Jack the yellow banana sent you.

Thank you TripleM, or Jack ;)

Will let you guys know the outcome.

Cheers
KokChoon

kokchoon;426145 said:
Thanks fiercepink and TripleM,

Guess I will try to make a trip this Satruday to check it out at Leong Seng ;)

Would love to join you guys this Sunday but alas got to go with the family for "Tomb Sweeping", paying respect to my late father and grand-parents. Hope to join you in the next gathering to learn from the expert :p

Cheers
KokChoon

Every last Sunday of the month, we'll be at the carpark beside Kallang Leisure Dome. Unless you see any alternative postings, it will go on as per normal from 4.30pm to about 6.30pm.

Daniel from Leong Seng as Jack recommended is a nice guy. They are very knowledgeable and would not hard sell what is not so qsuitable for the car. Some say their pricing is slightly higher but you can be sure you get the right offset etc.

I agree, Daniel is very helpful and accomodating, will not hesitate to let you know if the model you are selecting is not suitable for your ride. Thumbs up

WELLCOME TO THE Forum !!!
Cheers

Thanks folks,

Went down to Leong Seng during lunch time but did not see anything I like.

A friend offered his used 17" to me at a very good price, but need some touching up. I am a little reluctant as I know eventually I will go for the 18" or 19" rims, just a matter of time :p

Thanks again guys for the advices and tips. I guess I have been driving with these rims for a few years and a couple of months more before I decide which one to go would not be too difficult for me :D

Cheers
KokChoon

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789wintoday

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back