Grinding sound from brakes when not braking

Percival

Hi guys, anyone encounter that you can hear grinding sound from the front brakes even though you are not braking? The sound can be heard when wind down windows and in an enclosed quiet environment such as multi storey carpark. Rotors & brake pads are new. Using BBK. Workshop checked & tried to verified, but still got the sound.

Re: Grinding sound from brakes when not braking

Percival;1091813 said:
Hi guys, anyone encounter that you can hear grinding sound from the front brakes even though you are not braking? The sound can be heard when wind down windows and in an enclosed quiet environment such as multi storey carpark. Rotors & brake pads are new. Using BBK. Workshop checked & tried to verified, but still got the sound.

I got this problem too . Especially whenever I release handbrake and start to move off. It will usually fade off after a while.

Not using BBK though, normal 2 pot & using stock pads/ rotors. Will be having it checked at MA next week.

ShaunJeremy;1091817 said:
I got this problem too . Especially whenever I release handbrake and start to move off. It will usually fade off after a while.

Not using BBK though, normal 2 pot & using stock pads/ rotors. Will be having it checked at MA next week.

For my case, the sound can be heard only when the brakes are hot & driving slowly in an enclosed car park. Let me know what MA says about your brakes. Thanks!

Base on your description, seems like your caliper is jam. Need to service the caliper.

Percival;1091813 said:

Did you hear the sound when starting engine in the morning after u depress the brake?

raymysterio;1091932 said:
Did you hear the sound when starting engine in the morning after u depress the brake?

Nope. Sound can be heard only when the brakes are heated up. When the brakes are cold, no sound. Caliper serviced, etc... But still got the sound.

Sounds are tough to troubleshoot .....maybe you can put the ride on a hoist and turn the wheels to trace .....

Hi
i had an identical issue and the casue for my case was that the brake sensor was exposed and scratching against the caliper. Was resolved after my brkae pad change.
For your reference.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back