• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Grounding for Cars

yendor

Guys, Before i actually start this thingy, I would like to gauge the response of grounding. I basically DIY grounding sets in my free time and have done so for my car.

I use 4GA size cables for grounding and install them in the engine bay as well as at the battery end in the boot.

Just to add a little, grounding enables the car's electrical system to recieve the maximum voltage to work it's best. Electrically speaking, the resistance of any piece of wire increases with length and decreases with cross sectional area. As the BMs use a battery at the back of the boot, there is a single strap across the negative terminal of the battery to the chassis and another from the chassis to the engine. All current drawn from the battery must come out of the postitve terminal through your fuses and such and return via the single negative strap. As that strap has some sort of resistance, all currents flowing through that wire creates a voltage drop and decreases the available voltage usable at the device.

If i do the straps, it should cost about $100 inclusive of installation. Any one keen?

Cheers
Rodney

Re: Grounding for Cars

Yendor, I am keen. Put time and place. But first check for me if my car is grounded already or not hor? Coz I bought my car used and know nuts abt this stuff.

Rodney,

How many points is the grounding? How long does it take to do it? I am keen too.

Gp, I usually ground an additional 2 points sets in the engine and 2 more points in the battery bay. (4 wires the size of you little finger). Should take about 1hr in make and install.

T6, can always help you check....

Cheers

I am interested but I have some grounding cables installed on my engine bay already, probably just need the 2 more points in the battery bay. Maybe, when you see my car, you can give suggestions on how or whether where can be improve.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Rodney,

I'm interested grounding my car too.

Remember I asked you about it during the installation of the plugs? Thanks!!!

yendor said:
Guys, Before i actually start this thingy, I would like to gauge the response of grounding. I basically DIY grounding sets in my free time and have done so for my car.

I use 4GA size cables for grounding and install them in the engine bay as well as at the battery end in the boot.

Just to add a little, grounding enables the car's electrical system to recieve the maximum voltage to work it's best. Electrically speaking, the resistance of any piece of wire increases with length and decreases with cross sectional area. As the BMs use a battery at the back of the boot, there is a single strap across the negative terminal of the battery to the chassis and another from the chassis to the engine. All current drawn from the battery must come out of the postitve terminal through your fuses and such and return via the single negative strap. As that strap has some sort of resistance, all currents flowing through that wire creates a voltage drop and decreases the available voltage usable at the device.

If i do the straps, it should cost about $100 inclusive of installation. Any one keen?

Cheers
Rodney

interesting. i am keen but i understand on the E39s, it's super laychay because you need to remove rear seats, etc...

gabey said:
interesting. i am keen but i understand on the E39s, it's super laychay because you need to remove rear seats, etc...

what to do "laychay" also need to help bros.

yendor said:
what to do "laychay" also need to help bros.

cool...you da man, bro! let me know when you can do it...

Ok from the looks of it, it seem like there is some demand for the ground straps.

Would anyone (max 3 cars) like to come down to UM2 this saturday to do them straps? As for the rest, could you come down the following saturday?

Cheers

Hi Rodney, nice talking to you during the meet-up. Preferably, I'll like to do the grounding when my plugs are available(kill two birds with one stone), or if there's still slot for this Saturday, I don't mind doing it. I think mine sh be quite fast as I already had 3point grounding on my engine bay, just need to ground in the battery bay.

Cheers

hi Rodney,

i would like to book a slot for this Sat. What time is okie with you?

hi rodney i drive an e46, went down monday to fix the spark plugs.... i am keen on grounding but, do you need to remove seats and all those? abit worry abt removing those stuff lah....can kindly give more information what you will actually do?

thanks

carpolishservice said:
hi rodney i drive an e46, went down monday to fix the spark plugs.... i am keen on grounding but, do you need to remove seats and all those? abit worry abt removing those stuff lah....can kindly give more information what you will actually do?

thanks

Bro, what actually happens is that when your car comes, i measure the shortest path for the straps to take and thereafter i make the straps immediately. I will have to remove the battery cover ( left of boot) only for the E46. After that it is bolt on.

Cheers

Gonzo said:
hi Rodney,

i would like to book a slot for this Sat. What time is okie with you?

3 Sep
1. Gonzo

10 Sep

3 Sep
1. Gonzo

10 Sep
1. T6 a.k.a. Andy

3 Sep
1. Gonzo

10 Sep
1. T6 a.k.a. Andy
2. Silver31 (morning preferably)

Gonzo, can you come to the workshop around 11am?

Anyone else for this sat afternoon?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88atcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back