• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

GROUP BUY - Custom Car Cover

ryan

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi all,

I received my CoverKings StormProof custom cover about 2 days ago and I must say, i'm very impressed by it's quality and fitment for my BMW Z4 M Coupe.

Just for comparison, I still have my Z4 roadster around with a standard "1 size fits all" 70$+ cover and you can see how much difference there is. :)

Since i fly around sometimes, I hate to come back to drive my car especially if there's a thin layer of dust / bird droppings which have stayed on for a few days. Urgh! Here goes...

STANDARD COVER

badfit-front-angle.jpg

badfit3-mirror.jpg

Antenna, side mirrors covers all don't fit right.

badfit5.jpg

Not a very good cover by any means...

badfit-rear.jpg

My CoverKing replacement (in cool black) :D

compare.jpg

Perfect fitment, tight and snug. Side mirrors, antenna, rear slope etc. all accounted for.

side-nice.jpg

tutorial1.jpg

rear-nice.jpg

side-rear.jpg

Sweet double stitching.

double-stitching.jpg

double-stiching.jpg

Installation is very easy. (Click here for photo tutorial.)

tutorial4.jpg

Inclusive of storage bag.

tutorial19.jpg

Side grommets (located directly in center of car) with protective layer to allow you to tie and lock cover down to prevent cover theft (standard covers doesn't have that option).

sidecable1.jpg

----------------------

Click here for photo tutorial on how to put on a custom cover fast.

Description of CoverKing Custom Car Covers

The Finest Custom Car Covers

carcoverbigenzo.jpg

[SIZE=-1]
carcover_smlcls.jpg
[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]

Custom Car Covers by Coverking protect a vehicle from hazards while providing a clean, custom fit.

Coverking spares no expense in creating a custom car cover which fits perfectly, and with the fewest seams possible. Coverking developed the widest selection of custom car cover Arofanatics.com - Arowana Community for Aro collectors around the World!, choosing to engineer it’s own fabrics instead of relying on “off the shelf” materials. Coverking has also pioneered the use of car cover fabrics in colors, two tone designs and reflective treatment. Coverking is officially licensed to silkscreen and embroider GM logos and other designs. Coverking Custom Car Covers are made using advanced CAD/CAM design and production systems. Coverking is TS16949 certified and QS-9000 quality certified. Customers are thrilled with Coverking Custom Car Covers.

Why Choose Coverking Custom Car Covers?
Coverking set out to create a superior Custom Car Covers in fit, material properties, looks, strength and features. Coverking Custom Car Covers protect the vehicle interior from fading, block prying eyes from seeing what’s inside the car (and acting as a theft deterrent) and help the environment by reducing the need for car washing. Some Coverking materials can prevent minor nicks, scratches and even small hail damage. Coverking Custom Car Covers are a great way to protect vehicles parked at airports or near industrial sites. In very sunny climates, they keep the interior cooler and in winter they keep the snow off the glass. And because Coverking insists on using the fewest seams, Coverking Custom Car Covers look great![/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Pattern Fit and Design

cc_construction_small.gif

Car Covers use a lot of material, - 30 yards is common for most vehicles. In an effort to save material, some car cover manufactures use patterns which are “chopped up” into small pieces, and sewn together creating a patchwork effect. This method saves more than 20% of total material use, but results in car covers which look like patchwork quilts – seams everywhere. By having extra seams, risks of seam failures and seam leakage increase. In addition, the car cover looses it’s custom look and resembles a universal cover. Coverking has never compromised the function or fit of it’s Custom Car Covers to save a few yards of fabric. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
Materials

The qualities that make a Car Cover suitable for use depend largely on the fabric properties. Coverking designs it’s own fabrics, and has the world’s leading textile mills handle the manufacturing. Because Coverking has a team of engineers to specify exact material composition and construction, we are able to meet the most stringent material test requirements set out by the world’s leading vehicle manufacturers. Coverking does not use “off-the-shelf” fabrics, which are ill-suited to car cover needs. All Coverking outdoor Custom Car Cover materials are breathable – this allows moisture which is

[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]
carcover300wsml.jpg
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

trapped under the car to escape through the cover, preventing a “greenhouse” condition of condensation which may result in rust damage. Coverking pioneered colored materials and two tone designs for outdoor use. Unlike other car covers, Coverking Custom Car Covers are designed to withstand the color fading effects of the sun. Click here for more information.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Construction
Coverking Custom Car Covers are designed and cut on sophisticated CAD/CAM systems, which Coverking pioneered twenty years ago. All outdoor Coverking Custom Car Covers are sewn using double needle and overlapped seams, resulting in a durable, leak resistant seam which has a backup stitch if the main stitch fails. Coverking’s indoor Stretch Satin fabric is sewn with a “blind seam” which is ideal for use in the indoor, show-car conditions the fabric was designed for. Coverking Custom Car Covers have neoprene elastic tensioners sewn in the front and rear of every cover. Protected grommets for the optional security kit are sewn in the sides and covered, so as not to be visible when the car cover is covering a vehicle. All outdoor Custom Car Covers are sewn with heavy, wax coated thread. The thin coating of wax helps to seal the fabric where the needle pierced through, reducing the chance of leakage through the seam.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]-----------------------[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]FOR OUTDOOR & INDOOR USE

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] Stormproof™

[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]

Coverking was overwhelmed after receiving test results of our latest design - Stormproof. The culmination of over a decade of material engineering, it has only recently been possible to manufacture the microscopic yarns which go into this advanced micro-fiber Custom Car Cover material.

Only one textile mill in the world was able to meet Coverking's specifications - and although challenged by Coverking's design, the results are truly a triumph for car cover users! Stormproof is UNCOATED and UNTREATED this means that even after months or years of use, it will have the same properties! Stormproof feels more like an expensive golf jacket, yet is tested to be the MOST WATER RESISTANT and (because there are no coatings) the MOST BREATHABLE. You can't go wrong with Stormproof - available in gray, black, red, wine, and two tone combinations with black sides.

[/SIZE] FOR INDOOR USE ONLY

[SIZE=+1] Satin Stretch ™ Custom Car Cover
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]
Satin Stretch™ is an indoor Custom Car Cover fabric. It will fade if exposed to extended sun, and is not water resistant.

Satin Stretch™ is the SOFTEST fabric available, and has Lycra yarns to hug every contour of a vehicle. Blind stitching results in invisible seams - this is a SEXY car cover! Click here for more detailed information.[/SIZE]
-------

Manufacturer Warranty Policy

WORKMANSHIP - The warranty is 90 days from the date of purchase on all custom products.
**Workmanship consists of quality of fit and sewing. In case of poor fit or sewing failure,

Custom car cover materials are warranted as follows:
Stormproof® - Four years
Satin snug fit® -Three years
[SIZE=+1]
GROUP BUY INTEREST..

I've spoken to one of the distributors and they carry nearly ALL of all the current BMW models. I need to confirm a certain number of interested folks so i can do a consolidated purchase (and of course discount).

COSTS - (EXCLUSIVE OF SHIPPING)

For StormProof Material Covers -
[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]USD [/SIZE][SIZE=+1]2[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]67[/SIZE][SIZE=+1] (Approximately SGD 363)

colorsstormproof.jpg

Colours available - [SIZE=-1]G
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]ray,Blue, Black, Red, Wine (Two tone also available)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]

[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]For Satin Stretch Material (Indoor use only) Covers - [/SIZE][SIZE=+1]USD [/SIZE][SIZE=+1]248[/SIZE][SIZE=+1] (Approximately SGD 338 )

colorssatin.jpg

[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]Colours available - [SIZE=-1]Black, Dark Blue, Gray, Dark Green, White, Pearl White, Red, Yellow

Lock & Cable Kit

lock-cablekit.jpg

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE] Coverking Lock & Cable Kits are a great way to prevent cover theft. All Coverking motorcycle and vehicle covers include reinforced grommets on the sides for the cable to slide through. The lock is made of brass and includes two keys.

Approximately @ 17USD
[SIZE=-1]
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.

If you are interested in taking part in this group purchase...

[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]Please indicate your
[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=+1]Nickname[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=+1]Material (StormProof OR Satin Stretch)[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=+1]Cover Colour[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=+1]Car model (coupe/sedan/convertible etc)

Re: GROUP BUY - Custom Car Cover

Hi Ryan
one for me please....hamz, Satin Stretch, Blue, BMW 1 Series Convertible, 2008

thanks bro.....

1. hamz, Satin Stretch, Blue, BMW 1 Series Convertible, 2008

Ryan, is it fireproof?

I asked because a cigarette butt can do tremendous damage........

kenntona;342264 said:
Ryan, is it fireproof?

I asked because a cigarette butt can do tremendous damage........
From their website, they don't specifically list any of their covers as fireproof.

That said, on Silverguard Car Covers Information

They state that SilverGuard (a product from CoverKing) - ". Extensive research and development has been carried out to make the pu coating effective and the material water resistant, fire proof, highly breathable, mild proof, and UV resistant. And Silver Guard is eco-friendly and bio-degradable as well."

I've emailed them to ask whether their covers are fireproof. Will update this once they revert :)

I just received my covers direct from them. For R35 and Audi, great product.

2. mok, StormProof, Red, Nissan GTR 2008

Overall pictures

S73R0064-vi.jpg

S73R0065-vi.jpg

S73R0068-vi.jpg

S73R0067-vi.jpg

Details

S73R0069-vi.jpg

S73R0066-vi.jpg

S73R0070-vi.jpg

Proof it fits a R35 well

S73R0071-vi.jpg

ryan;342558 said:

How many to get a group buy? I'll be interested but not a beemer. Thanks.

NineEleven;342665 said:
How many to get a group buy? I'll be interested but not a beemer. Thanks.
Well, as many as possible. Preferably above 5.. :)

Above ten would be a much better deal.

ryan;343037 said:
Bump for the day :)

Hi Ryan,

I'll looking to get 3 covers. Do you have an estimate of the shipping costs?

Cheers

Eugene

uncle;343044 said:
Hi Ryan,

I'll looking to get 3 covers. Do you have an estimate of the shipping costs?

Cheers

Eugene
Not just yet.

Each comes in a fairly midsize box and it would really depend how much interest i can derive from end of the day. That said, it would be cheaper rather than shipping it on your own.

Thanks.. I guess we'll just have to hope and wait. :)

3. Uncle, StormProof, Grey BMW 630, 2006
4. Uncle, StormProof, Grey Aston Martin DB9, 2006
5. Uncle, StormProof, Grey Maserati Grantourismo 2008

ryan;343063 said:
Not just yet.

Each comes in a fairly midsize box and it would really depend how much interest i can derive from end of the day. That said, it would be cheaper rather than shipping it on your own.

6. R33Devil, 2-TONE Black Sides, Yellow center class 3 for 1995 Porsche 911, 912, 993, 996, 997 Regular Fenders

Keep them coming :)

ryan;343503 said:
6. R33Devil, 2-TONE Black Sides, Yellow center class 3 for 1995 Porsche 911, 912, 993, 996, 997 Regular Fenders

Keep them coming :)

Count me in too,

7. NomeXX, Satin Stretch, Grey, Nissan GTR, 2008
8. NomeXX, Satin Stretch, Grey, Nissan Skyline GTR BNR34, 1999
9. NomeXX, Satin Stretch, Grey, Porsche 996 GT3, 2003

Thanks.

List consolidated :)

NomeXX;343617 said:
Count me in too,

Thanks.

ello pak,

this one for covering cars ok, the satin finish not for tapaoing spicy nasi kuning :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max10club
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back