Gruppe M CAI or Dual Cone system

rudefann

Hi fellow forum fans,

I was hoping to bring more cool air to my 335i to have a small gain in hp. I saw that Gruppe M has a nice sound at high revs and does bring more cool air (well, its a Cool Air Intake system). However, i also read that dual cone system works as well if not better, and is way cheaper.

Would like to see if you can offer any opinion before i make the decision. Thanks in advance!

Re: Gruppe M CAI or Dual Cone system

I believe nothing much can shield from the hot temp in the engine bay, not even the carbon fiber shielded intake design. I am using Gruppe M, and I am suggesting something like AFE.......

O Xiang! Thanks for the recommendation. I can't tell the difference between using S&B dual cone and AFE Power. Seems like the same method of taking in the cool air.

Ha.. good punchline to an ad.. like Nike's.
Just do it.

By the way, i took S&B dual cone.. subtle, but match very well with map 1 of JB4... speaking from 15mins of driving it so far.. ha..

Like Kenntona I also dont recommend what I am using.....keke

hiadee, I doubt u can increase any BHP just by a CAI alone. If any, just minimal. I ve learnt the hard way that to gain decent power, a couple of mods that complement each other should exist.

What mods would you recommend then? My temp kept remaining around 110 to 120, which I thought is quite high for city and highway driving

bro,

You are looking at oil temp, not air intake temp.

I believe by dropping a few degrees at the air temp will not change the oil temp at all.

Our car run at 110C to 120C nominal, which is OK.

If we remove the front bumper completely, will the oil cooler cool better?

Ahbengdriver;615348 said:
If we remove the front bumper completely, will the oil cooler cool better?
Customised-made cooling system by channelling cold air from air-cond to oil cooler. Confirm 80 deg.

kenntona;612891 said:
I believe nothing much can shield from the hot temp in the engine bay, not even the carbon fiber shielded intake design. I am using Gruppe M, and I am suggesting something like AFE.......

Hi Ken, where can I get AFE in Singapore? thanks!

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back