GruppeM / Simota on a 330i

Brave7012

Hi,

Anyone who can share on the road personal experience on the performance advantage of these type of air filters on a 330i ?

Rgds,

its already growling like mad on my 320i. on a 330i, i reckon the womens skirts will go up. :naughty: i think its a good idea for u to do it. Gruppe M, ask wilman or geoff ang. they seem to get similar results if not better.

Re: GruppeM / Simota on a 330i

Brave7012 said:
Hi,

Anyone who can share on the road personal experience on the performance advantage of these type of air filters on a 330i ?

Rgds,

Open air filters really are "fun"... why? cuz they make u wanna rev the hell out of your car to feel the induction noise and it does make your car "noiser"...

Having that said, let me tell u of an experience that a couple of us had... We were lucky to borrow a Scantool that we plugged into the "test" cars:

1. 2.0L 320 sedan (Blitz)
2. 2.2L 320 sedan (GruppeM)
3. 2.5L 325 coupe (Blitz)

Result? All same! :shock: The amt of air entering the engine etc were about the same! But the induction noise of the GruppeM is definitely louder than the Blitz, partly due to the "trumpet" design of the intake!

Just food for thought yah? Cheers! :thumbsup:

Having that said, let me tell u of an experience that a couple of us had... We were lucky to borrow a Scantool that we plugged into the "test" cars:

Result? All same! :shock: The amt of air entering the engine etc were about the same! But the induction noise of the GruppeM is definitely louder than the Blitz, partly due to the "trumpet" design of the intake!

Just food for thought yah? Cheers! :thumbsup:[/quote]

Hi,

Do you mean that the 320i with Blitz has same airflow as 325 with Blitz ?

Azrielsc said:
Open air filters really are "fun"... why? cuz they make u wanna rev the hell out of your car to feel the induction noise and it does make your car "noiser"...

Just food for thought yah? Cheers! :thumbsup:

Bro...

I think not the same. The bigger capacity engine draws more air than the latter. I remembered tat the blitz allows more air to be drawn in than Gruppe and the blitz cools down faster after stationary heat soak.

Posted a thread on different air filters here http://bmw-sg.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2153

Sound wise, i agree Gruppe is more garang!!

2 cents...

Brave7012 said:
Hi,

Do you mean that the 320i with Blitz has same airflow as 325 with Blitz ?

No... bigger engine capacity has bigger air flow naturally.

With any open pod filters, u will gain mid to high end power irregardless of engine capacity. Of course smaller capacity engine with open pod, tendency to lose out in the low end is higher.

Efficiency of filtration from the Blitz is rather poor due to bigger pores but u get better high end power. So its ur call on cleaner intake track or wat the hack...

Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asahihotpotvn
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back