GT 216d battery flat

vg1125

My car brokedown this morning and BMW workshop told me just now its battery completed drained - it is less than 2 years and system didn't send warning or alarm before it brokdown today.
Bad experience - anyone has the similar problem?

My car brokedown this morning and BMW workshop told me just now its battery completed drained - it is less than 2 years and system didn't send warning or alarm before it brokdown today.

Supposed to last at least 3-5 years. Connected any peripherals? Modification?

Depends on where the power source is tapped from. If direct to battery, most probably its the cause. Better for you to find out the root cause rather then just recharge or replace the battery. Will occur again and it’s not healthy for the battery to be discharged.

You could ask the workshop to check the last few days battery charge level.

PML battery warranty is 2 years...Tell the CSA to replace it

Nothing has been done - original condition. However, does BMW eye camera matter? I asked them and they denied...

ACE only 6 hours Parking Mode recording...might be other things draining the Battery

Hi this battery has happened previously, to my GT216 and my friend within 2 weeks, which is around 18 months when we bought the car. We did complain to PML who claims that they forward to BMW Southeast Asia but no update. There are few other similar happening too. The main problem is that the boot cant open open and hazard lights is not working when u are stuck in middle of the road.

U mean after the car stops and kills the engine, the hazard lights also not working? If that’s the case, your alternator may not be charging the battery at all resulting it to be totally flat.

U mean after the car stops and kills the engine, the hazard lights also not working? If that’s the case, your alternator may not be charging the battery at all resulting it to be totally flat.
It is not alternator, the recovery car came, initial test show my battery is 83% after they jump start my vehicle. But warn me n send my car to PML for inspection which my battery eventually replaced FOC as under warranty. The main issue i had was no Hazard light, other driver just kept asking me to on the light as it is 8pm at night.

Anyone knows of reliable workshop in the east for battery change and most importantly knows how to register the battery?

i understand that car battery warranty follows the car warranty. if your car is 3 years warranty, then battery also 3 years. do confirm with PML before changing outside.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ultracelvn

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back