Guides in Buying a 325i Convertible?

Re: Guides in Buying a 325i Convertible?

hard to believe when the mileage is 30k only...better check with PML....just key in car plate number only ma...

manggi12;853551 said:
hard to believe when the mileage is 30k only...better check with PML....just key in car plate number only ma...

I've checked with PML~ Really

Hi bro,

Now I have got my 325i Convertible, I've found out that there are so many things I don't understand... Can any bro here is kind enough to enlighten me on the following issue?

1) My steering wheel have buttons for picking up mobile phones which includes volume control +/- buttons - That is blue tooth right? How to connect to iPhone?

2) When I opened my armrest box, I saw the ciga lighter and a AUX port? Aux port for iPhone? where can get the cable?

3) 1st 2 secs of the car moving from stopping point seems lack of power... I used to drive auto car and i installed a "Sprint Booaster" to overcome this problem. Is there on for E93 i325??

4) Can I open/close my hard top with this remote control??
hphot...73066970_n.jpg
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/319402_481955395166344_273066970_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

My steering wheel have buttons for picking up mobile phones which includes volume control +/- buttons - That is blue tooth right? How to connect to iPhone?

Your ride comes with iDrive?
If no iDrive, select the 'Menu' page from the audio console, there is a 'Bluetooth/Phone' button which you will have to input the synchronization password to connect.

2) When I opened my armrest box, I saw the ciga lighter and a AUX port? Aux port for iPhone? where can get the cable?

If you merely want to charge your iPhone, plug in the iPhone cable to the USB will do.
But if you want to play iPod from your phone, you will need the Y-Cable.

3) 1st 2 secs of the car moving from stopping point seems lack of power... I used to drive auto car and i installed a "Sprint Booaster" to overcome this problem. Is there on for E93 i325??

Yes, this is common and not a problem as our car is very heavy due to the convertible mechanism.
Get the 'PowerBox', it will solve your problem.

Try holding on to the 'Unlock' button outside your car with your boot try closed.

Enjoy your new ride!

Meldon;857612 said:
My steering wheel have buttons for picking up mobile phones which includes volume control +/- buttons - That is blue tooth right? How to connect to iPhone?

Your ride comes with iDrive?
If no iDrive, select the 'Menu' page from the audio console, there is a 'Bluetooth/Phone' button which you will have to input the synchronization password to connect.

If you merely want to charge your iPhone, plug in the iPhone cable to the USB will do.
But if you want to play iPod from your phone, you will need the Y-Cable.

Yes, this is common and not a problem as our car is very heavy due to the convertible mechanism.
Get the 'PowerBox', it will solve your problem.

Try holding on to the 'Unlock' button outside your car with your boot try closed.

Enjoy your new ride!

Hi Bro,
Thanks for your help.... And would u know:-

1) Where to get the Y-Cable?

2) Where to get the Powerbox?

3) Is there any button/pulley to open the car boot when I am inside the car. I can't open the boot unless i STOP button my engine and take the remote and manually press the open "car boot" button..

4) I got a ICE system from my press ride... Is it possible to connect to the stock audio device?

5) I lost my 2nd key, is there a way to make a new one and how much does it cost? Where to do it?

Hearsay Sim Lim Square and I bought one from there which don't work.
I got my current one from a guy from forum.

You should be looking for second-hand one, wont cost you a hand or leg.

3) Is there any button/pulley to open the car boot when I am inside the car. I can't open the boot unless i STOP button my engine and take the remote and manually press the open "car boot" button..

Yes, there is a 'boot' button near the driver legroom area.

4) I got a ICE system from my press ride... Is it possible to connect to the stock audio device?

iDrive or not?

5) I lost my 2nd key, is there a way to make a new one and how much does it cost? Where to do it?

PML, hearsay $500plus. They will bring in a blank keyfob from Germany and reprogram it locally.

legendo;857926 said:
Hi Bro,
Thanks for your help.... And would u know:-

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/bmw-mo...-wts-brand-new-iphone-ipod-y-audio-cable.html

Hi Guys, after driving a for almost a week,

1) I still can't find the boot button at the leg area but there is a Lock/Unlock switch with a picture of the boot in my car drawer on the top right?

2) I don't think I have iDrive and I can't find the options to activate the Bluetooth at the audio console...

3) I only saw a AUX port and a ciga-lighter port in my armrest.. No USB...

Jialat liao...

legendo;862402 said:
Hi Guys, after driving a for almost a week,

1) I still can't find the boot button at the leg area but there is a Lock/Unlock switch with a picture of the boot in my car drawer on the top right?

2) I don't think I have iDrive and I can't find the options to activate the Bluetooth at the audio console...

3) I only saw a AUX port and a ciga-lighter port in my armrest.. No USB...

Jialat liao...

nice meeting you earlier over at the meet up...
found the boot open button???

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Hello All!

Apologies, hijacked thread. =)

I just got a 325i conv recently from PPSL. Would like to seek views on the following:

1) is the extended warranty to 5 years worth it (was quoted 4.2k from PPSL)?

2) is it true that the roof mechanism gives way/becomes faulty after 4-5 years? Like rain water roof leaks etc

3) any good mechanic to recommend just in case roof has problems?

Forum posts seem to suggest that the roof thingy is quite solid one, though I hear otherwise from hearsay.

Btw, the PML/PPSL extended warranty to 5 years doesn't cover the roof... only covers major things like gearbox and engine. Hell, even gaskets, seals etc all not covered. :ehhh:

I am experiencing roof leak, very slightly, when rain is very heavy. Anyone know how to get this fixed?

I try to answer some of the questions posted earlier:
- To open the roof with remote control, press and hold the unlock button. But this drains your battery in your remote quite fast.

- to play iPod, just go to any shop selling apple accessories, tell them u want to play iPod in your car. The cable should not cost more than $20. Set your car system to AUX

- I hv iDrive, but to connect to phone, I think need to hook up. Not cheap I heard

- to replace key, easily more than $500. Likely need to go back PML because they need to retire and reprogram the freq etc. again, I heard not cheap

Zwoosh82;885492 said:
Hello All!

I just got a 325i conv recently from PPSL. Would like to seek views on the following:

2) is it true that the roof mechanism gives way/becomes faulty after 4-5 years? Like rain water roof leaks etc

Forum posts seem to suggest that the roof thingy is quite solid one, though I hear otherwise from hearsay.

Btw, the PML/PPSL extended warranty to 5 years doesn't cover the roof... only covers major things like gearbox and engine. Hell, even gaskets, seals etc all not covered. :ehhh:

think maybe u need to get the seals replaced..can try engsoon or PML?

check for engine oil leak...very common for inline 6, just get it replace. Absorbers leakage is common as well...and also double check your headlight and its washer, always blur and malfunction...brake pad may be needed replacement, check all warning lights if possible...undercarriage scratch and dent (may be due to accident) is common as well...

check for engine oil leak...very common for inline 6, just get it replace. Absorbers leakage is common as well...double check your headlight and its washer, always blur and malfunction...

Zwoosh82;885492 said:
Hello All!

I will sure get the $4.2K extended warrantly if it covers everything. I just got a ABS Pump module problem and cheapest I had source to replace it BVL costing $3.8k

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sv66vincom

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back