Had accident in NS highway, need help

bentai85

I have no idea where to put this thread... I had an accident on the NS highway last Thursday and my car now is in a workshop somewhere in Seremban. I am now applying for insurance claim which would take approx. a week, max 2 weeks. Any brothers here have any experience regarding to such matters? Like is my car covered if the accident occurred in Malaysia and how will the whole procedure would be like.... Please advise.

Re: Accident in NS highway

serious accident need to get a lawyer.

Re: Had accident in NS highway, need help

Hope you and your passengers are alright. Looks like a real nasty crash!

Pray all things go well.

Ben, looks fairly serious. As Ryan said, hope all is ok. Your car one of my favourites

bro, pic looks bad. go get a SG lawyer. If you dunno who, you can PM me

I am not practicing law, so for this I don't have conflict of interest.

Looks totalled. Insurance policy will cover accidents in Msia. But how liable you are wld depends on the facts of the case. Have you checked with your insuarance company? If they feel you not at fault, they will get their panel of lawyer to fight your case and sue the other pty. If they feel you at fault (e.g. you rear-ended someone), then it is really a case of you finding out from them where you go from there.

Looks pretty bad. T6 should be able to help you get a good lawyer

I called the insurance company... they will only cover the repair if the repairs are done by the licensed workshops in Singapore. Which means i will have to tow it all the way back to Singapore, about 2000+RM. It isn't that bad, the engine is not damaged. While everything in front of it is... Thanks for all the concern.... No one was hurt. As a matter of fact, no one felt a thing during the collision. No impact, no whiplash or whatsoever. I never know an accident would have felt this way... lol. ( first time major accident ) This proves that BMW is really a safe automobile to drive in. But one down side, only the passenger side air bag was activated. And it hurt my passenger. The one and only injury...

it is wise, no matter what anybody says, to get a lawyer by your side in these times. Your own insurance company may screw you, and I use the word MAY out of politeness only. Lawyers get compensation from insurance companies, their rates are fixed by agreement, so it may be that you do not need to pay the lawyer yourself at all.

Bro, there's 2 ways you can go about doing it.

(1) Get your own lawyer to sue the M'sian vehicle.

As the accident took place in M'sia and involves a M'sian vehicle, i would say that there is a 80% chance that you would have to sue in M'sia Courts

The down side is that it will take forever to be resolved, even if you recover a substantial part of your repair costs.

Also, you would probably have to do your own liaising with the M'sian lawyers, unless you are willing to get a S'pore lawyer to do the liaising for you...which of cos means you have to bear 2 sets of legal costs

(2) Claim against your own insurance, pay the excess under your insurance and let them be done with it.

You will lose part of your NCD (Assuming 50%) and also have to pay the excess (which depends on your policy) but it saves you the hassle of having to fight the case...no hassle, no worries..

As for the part that the insurers will only cover repairs if done by a Singapore Workshop, it all depends on ther terms of your Policy...if the policy does not state that, then tough on the insurer...

Also, your Policy should also have terms which state whether the insurer will pay for towing the vehicle back to singapore..

i suggest that you look at the terms of your insurance policy closely...

BTW, is the accident mainly your fault??? its always easier regardless of the 2 options above if the accident was caused by the other party.

hope this helps.

hope things are well......glad that no one is injured.

get and lawyer n claim the other party's insurance company, is it possible for your insurance company to
write off the car n pay u in current market value?

It was raining very heavily. The car in front skidded... And i tried to avoid. And so i did, but i skidded as well and rammed into the divider. So i didn't knocked onto anyone, or caused any accident. So do i still need to get a lawyer?

bentai85;292891 said:
It was raining very heavily. The car in front skidded... And i tried to avoid. And so i did, but i skidded as well and rammed into the divider. So i didn't knocked onto anyone, or caused any accident. So do i still need to get a lawyer?
whether you claim against your own insurance, whether it is anybody fault, get a lawyer if it is a major accident.

bentai85;292891 said:
look like you can only claim over your owned insurance for repair. If you've not log to your own insurance for claim, please don't. I suggest you pay whatever cost it take to bring the car back to Singapore 1st, get some advise on the workshop you sending for repair. They should be able to advise you accordingly.

Sad to hear this happen. Just get the car home to Singapore everything will be sort out quickly. 2-3mths. I guess.

first thing first.... bring the car back to SG... what the heck is it doing at seremban...

my advice :

bring the car back to singapore...

bring it to UBI... u know what i mean

make sure you obtain a report from Seremban, you're gonna be truthful to your report.

I think if you are an AA member they can tow the car for you for free. Anyone can confirm this apply if its tow from Malaysia as well?

Its now in SG... And i made a police report at M'sia. Sitting in front of the AXA provided workshop in Pioneer Rd North. Every night i passby the area, i will go visit my car. And i will sometimes see dogs sniffing the wheels. I wonder if those dogs have ever pee on them before.
Sob Sob... Oh, my baby.

The boss of the workshop told me that the car might be declared total lost... A guy from the insurance company will be going down to the workshop on Tues.

Keeping my finger crossed and hoping for the best...

glad that no one is injured.......

hope ur insurance will give u some good news...understand how u feel dude....really feel for u....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fb88immo

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back