Having my E60

liaoyuean

hi all...after getting my E60 for the past 24 hours...feels good... immediately after getting the car, went to change rims and tyres.. now on 18" and the look is so nice... so far some of the items i would like to seek the seniors advises:

1. steering wheel, when turning left and right has got a little "squeeze" sound. i Wonder is it cos of the Rims...

2. heavy and unresponsive of the Engine, i wonder is this normal, seems like needs to be a heavy right footer, to find the enough power.

3. should i change the ATF? as i felt that when on slope, the car somehow can feel the change of gear.

would like your kind advise.

Ah WIL

Re: Having my E60

like what bro golilok mentioned, it would be good if you can let us know is it a 520, 523 or 525, year of manufacture

1) the sound from steering itself or the wheels?

if from steering, maybe can ask workshop bua some black lubricant in it
if outside, need to check rims etc

2) e60 itself is built much heavier. did u switched over from jap cars?
power varies from 520 to 523 to 525
acceleration wise, cannot expect super fast pickup. maybe can consider a steinbaur or sprintbooster for that or consider a powerbox or blackbox piggyback.

3) won't hurt to change atf, especially if u dunno the previous owner have done before or not or u feel gear changes are hesistant or slow....do a flush and new atf, gear changes should be smoother and more efficient.

liaoyuean;933930 said:
hi all...after getting my E60 for the past 24 hours...feels good... immediately after getting the car, went to change rims and tyres.. now on 18" and the look is so nice... so far some of the items i would like to seek the seniors advises:

1. steering wheel, when turning left and right has got a little "squeeze" sound. i Wonder is it cos of the Rims...

2. heavy and unresponsive of the Engine, i wonder is this normal, seems like needs to be a heavy right footer, to find the enough power.

3. should i change the ATF? as i felt that when on slope, the car somehow can feel the change of gear.

Ah WIL

liaoyuean;933930 said:

Ah WIL

1) my steering also seems to have the same 'hissing' sound u mentioned, but its occasional. Maybe have someone check it.
2) For power, go add on a powerbox, the throttle response will improve
3) u will still feel change of gear as e60 is not on CVT. changing ATF should be recommended if more than 100k. I changed my ATF at 73k

I had this experience of steering knocking sound when on very slow speed, like parking. After diagnosis, front lower arm is the cause of it.

I had the squeezing sound on my e60 recently too. Problem was solved by topping up the steering fluid.

hi all... sorry for the late reply...

mine is a 520i YOM 2004.

1. the sound i experience comes from the steering and not from the wheels.think will ask someone to help me bua some lub...

2. may i know where to add the powerbox? the damage will be done to my wallet?

3. thanks guys... i will go for the change of the ATF.. when i go for my oil change..am still seeking out a workshop...that will not hurt my wallet.. as i wana add the aux cable for my ipod into the sound system.

4. Just got a new discovery: i happen to pull out my dipstick after resting the car for about 2 hours...i discover that the engine oil level is at the 1.5 mark... is this normal? should i go and buy a bottle of engine oil to top up?

thanks for all the great advises..

AH Wil..

liaoyuean;934024 said:

4. Just got a new discovery: i happen to pull out my dipstick after resting the car for about 2 hours...i discover that the engine oil level is at the 1.5 mark... is this normal? should i go and buy a bottle of engine oil to top up?

AH Wil..

E60 got oil dipstick? I thought can only read thru the iDrive.

liaoyuean;934024 said:

mine is a 520i YOM 2004.

2. may i know where to add the powerbox? the damage will be done to my wallet?

thanks for all the great advises..

AH Wil..

If I'm not mistaken, powerbox only for inline 6. And yes off the line the car felt heavy. But it is totally different when I put on sport mode. I'm used to drive jap cars and mine is inline 6.

erm...i saw a red color dipstick just right next of the engine... and i start to pull...and true enough its a dipstick...

i have the squeezing sound on my e60 as well... when i turn a little to the right it happens. but only when temperatures are low.

Can anyone recommend me a workshop in Jurong area doing ATF and filter change. I am new into BMW. Thank you very much.

christopher ngo;934931 said:
Can anyone recommend me a workshop in Jurong area doing ATF and filter change. I am new into BMW. Thank you very much.

Munich Auto.......

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

christopher ngo;934931 said:

or go to R2D in toh guan, not too far from jurong

Open up a new thread in case some have missed this. just wondering and curious how many e60 forum buddies still log in often for chit chats, technical advices or modding intentions.
So as to keep our e60 spirit alive and flying high, I would like to initiate a meetup on the 26th dec (wednesday)7pm. Venue: kallang Mac .(big carpark between KFC and Mac)
Will be pleasured to see f10 (new 5 series)and other series joining us at the meetup, I'm sure the turn up will be superb ..... Just like the old times haha
Any suggestions are welcome!
Please note meetup will only materialize if there's good response.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
88clbcam

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back