head/tail lights durability

crazeir

Hi bros,

My car came with "Day Running Lights" option and I can choose to turn it on or off. If I turn it on, the lights are brighter than parking lights and it will stay on no matter where I turn the lights knob.

My question is, if I were to leave this on everyday when I'm driving, would it be bad for the lights? As in, how long could the bulbs last? I notice the tail lights turn on as well, as opposed to Audi's LEDs/DRLs.

Would it be better if I left it off? Personally I prefer to leave it on for aesthetics purposes hehe...

Cheers!

Re: head/tail lights durability

crazeir;568885 said:
Hi bros,

My car came with "Day Running Lights" option and I can choose to turn it on or off. If I turn it on, the lights are brighter than parking lights and it will stay on no matter where I turn the lights knob.

My question is, if I were to leave this on everyday when I'm driving, would it be bad for the lights? As in, how long could the bulbs last? I notice the tail lights turn on as well, as opposed to Audi's LEDs/DRLs.

Would it be better if I left it off? Personally I prefer to leave it on for aesthetics purposes hehe...

Cheers!

Hi Crazeir,

looks like you've already have an answer for yourself ya........
it is also very personal (some like to on some don't)
Usually all bulbs are life span one (you may wanna check with your SE)

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

haha ya u r right, i guess i didnt even realized i alrdy answered it myself...

what about other bros here? I noticed most BMWs goin around dont have their angel eyes on, as this is one of the defining features of a BMW, y not have it on?

cheers

crazeir;568894 said:

what about other bros here? I noticed most BMWs goin around dont have their angel eyes on, as this is one of the defining features of a BMW, y not have it on?

cheers

Hi crazeir,

i supposed in sg is quite bright so all the bros didnt wanna on it............(maybe)

cheers

crazeir;568894 said:

cheers

I switched it on for the first few weeks I had my car because the angel eyes were so pretty.. espy the white LED ones. But after a while I got concerned about their life span and switched them off. :)

crazeir;568894 said:

cheers
I only switch it on NSH when i m speeding:goodup:

Anyway, angel eye bulb is around $50/pc. LED could be even cheaper.

I on mine all the time. Its meant to be "ON" all the time, thats why its called "Daytime Running Light" ... This Angels eyes can last very long one .. don't worry.

haha like bro pbear1973, i also am concerned about lifespan. But yea they r DRL so they better have long lasting life! Mine are bright yellow and I think i will just leave it like that... i still find it oh so pretty

crazeir;569167 said:
haha like bro pbear1973, i also am concerned about lifespan. But yea they r DRL so they better have long lasting life! Mine are bright yellow and I think i will just leave it like that... i still find it oh so pretty

Haha guess we can switch them back on. :D

yup... agree everything has a life span...

and this depends on how long you intend to keep the ride... if it's only for 2-3 years, then just have fun...

I personally feel that LED DRLs uses less power and can last longer. Anyway, I guess if BMW has this option it should be fine to leave them on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obiatravelcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back