Headlights issue

ktnpl

All lights are OK upon starting up the engine...
26826982126_335cb42c42_n.jpg

but the left low beam light flickers and turn off after a while
26755327542_014c8352f5_n.jpg

with fault message dipped beam left failure
26755270432_ca9ed20024_n.jpg

The manual indicated that the Xenon headlights have a very long service life and are highly unlikely to fail. Anyone else has the same experience to share? Is it due to loosened connection?

Does it always happen only after the car is started a while? If engine is off but you turn the lights on, does it also flicker?

Sent from the local post office using Tapatalk

Does it always happen only after the car is started a while? If engine is off but you turn the lights on, does it also flicker?

The headlights cannot be switched on when I off the engine, only sidelights can be switched on.
There is some improvement. The left low beam flickers but does not turn off in low light conditions where previously it dies off after a while.
I read several forum. In order of likelihood (from high to low), it is due to water ingress, resistor, ballast and lastly bulb. Someone else had replaced the Xenon bulb but the problem persisted.

You put the car to accessory mode. Le turn or button pressed without ignition. You should be able to run on the headlights. If not, something ain't right.

I managed to turn on the battery power by pushing the Start button without depressing the brake. The left low beam is flickering with or without engine power.

I have the same problem. I sent it to Juzz4cars and they fixed it. The xenon bulb on the left is failing that's why. I have exactly the same symptoms. After they change the Xenon bulbs, all back to normal working condition, and no more error. So suggest you just to the WS and let them check. Its as simple as just changing the xenon bulbs. Just my 2 cents.

I have the same problem. I sent it to Juzz4cars and they fixed it. The xenon bulb on the left is failing that's why. I have exactly the same symptoms. After they change the Xenon bulbs, all back to normal working condition, and no more error. So suggest you just to the WS and let them check. Its as simple as just changing the xenon bulbs. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks bro, I have changed the left bulb to Osram D1S bulb (colour temperature of 4300K which is the same as the original bulb) and the headlight is working fine now.

hi bro, can kindly share where to change and damage ? i seem to have the exact problem on my right bulb.

I have the same problem, Drglass-S charging me $250 for a pair of D series 6000k bulb with installation

I opted for a single OEM Made in Germany Osram Xenon bulb + labor at $305. A pair of Made in Taiwan Xenon bulbs + labor are actually cheaper at $280. Both at outside sponsor workshops.

Hi bros. I am currently facing this issue too. But mine doesnt flicker at all. When i start engine sometimes the left headlamp is working, sometimes its not. Is it the same problem of the failing bulb? Mine is a 6k bulb.

I would say likely its the bulb, as the ballast is typically quite lasting. Given that the bulbs are the cheapest component to start with, you can try changing it and see if it solves the problem

I had this problem before. Went to went to autobac in JB to had the lightbulb changed. problem solve. RM80

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
igo88app
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back