Hear ticking on your BMW engine? ( click to check if your model is affected)

Re: Hear ticking on your BMW engine? ( click to check if your model is affected)

booncheong;462603 said:
hi all , my problem with the whisering sound is when i engaged on 'D' or 'reverse' gear. When i engage 'Neutral' or 'Park' mode, the sounds doesnt appear.

What could be the problem?

Pls advise guys. Many Tks.

Cheong
could you elaborate more on the "whisering" sound? like when you hear the sound?
acclerating/decelerating/ on idle?

Re: Hear ticking on your BMW engine? ( click to check if your model is affected)

I hear the sound when i am in stationary idle in D mode or reverse mode; but no whisering when neural gear. have u encounter this issue b4?

Same to mine , e90 , 320i
have the ticking sound in gear D or R with station the car , intermittent.

What's that mysterious ticking noise.
Not over here, not over there.
Kinda catchy.
Snape, snape, severus snape.

I thought only my 17 years old well worn e36 has this kinda noise. I felt so embarrass especially when I drove up those tight carparks that reverberate the ticks even more. If my ride is new, I'll be totally pissed.

The solution that they recommended lasted only one to 2 weeks and before you know it, the ticks back and the vicious cycle begins.

my car has the sound too. it doesn't affect anything. just leave with it and the sound will just go away after driving for a while.

iTS very irritating when ppl tell you your young bim sound like lorry.

I'm driving a E46 and I do occasionally get scatching noises during start ups in the morning?
Have u guys experience any thing like this in your cars?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubmobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back