Heard of this brand before?

EMF

Hi all,

Been browsing the e90post.com the last couple of days and chance upon this brand of rims, VMR Wheels. They looked kinda nice and very concave, personally, I like those concaved effect.

Just wanted to know if anyone has heard of them before or "lagi best", if anyone in the community is currently using them on their ride? Checked out further and found out that their cost is pretty much "affordable", ranging about USD$900+ thereabout.

I'm still pretty much new to this bimmer scene so pls pardon my ignorance should I appreared a bit "sua koo" on this.

Just wanted to get some feedback from the community if anyone know or heard or even used these wheels before.

Thanks for your time!

Re: Heard of this brand before?

I think VMR= Velocity Motoring. They used to make good CSL Reps. Check out jlevi's website

Yes, your right. Velocity Motoring, know anyone locally who's using these wheels?

Thanks you the heads up tho'.

I nearly purchased their new CSL rims with deep concavity...
Not quite sure who's on the rims but if you get the rims overseas try getting them shipped with tires... should be cheaper if not get Dave to hook you with with Goodyear Assymetrics.

Thanks Jaskin & Ninja07 for thy inputs so far.

From their info sheet that I went thru, their weight (for 19" wheels) is about 25.5lbs for non staggered set up and 27lbs for the staggered ones. That's roughly 12.27kg for the staggered set up that I'm eyeing bro. That kinda weight acceptable for wheels?

Further stated: "Staggered set up 5x112mm/5x120mm, 19x9.5 ET 22/33/45 Centre Bore: 76.6mm"

Don't really know what it means, me quite a tech spec idiot ... ha ha ha :lol2:

Thought of giving them a call to find out more.

EMF;416983 said:
From their info sheet that I went thru, their weight (for 19" wheels) is about 25.5lbs for non staggered set up and 27lbs for the staggered ones. That's roughly 12.27kg for the staggered set up that I'm eyeing bro. That kinda weight acceptable for wheels?

Further stated: "Staggered set up 5x112mm/5x120mm, 19x9.5 ET 22/33/45 Centre Bore: 76.6mm"

weights are debatable, I assume they are not forged so they will be slightly heavier than say the popular advan rs, volk progressive mes or neez rims. some will go for the absolute lightest rims within their budget, some will compromise some weight for better looks...personal preferences i guess

for E90, fitment should be 5x120, 19x9.5 rear ET 33. ET 22 will be very low (almost E60 offset) and def need aggressive fender rolling. If I,m not mistaken centerbore should be 72.6mm instead(need to check). whats the front specs?

not an expert in this, just remembering what I read/researched before.

i m on VMR VB3 purchased online. weight on the 19" are the same as my previous 161 17". rear offset +30 is good but front +40 could be more flush like +35 instead.

Yo Bro Ninja07 ... you're absolutely right about the centre bore, it should be 72.6mm. Ha ha ha ... my bad!

Deadkookaburra, any feedback about them wheels? Any good? Thanks for the inputs bro!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teethngum
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back