Heavy Steering

Bros, I have an e39. Went for one of those general 4 wheel computerized alignment recently at Sin Ming. After that, car moves straight, but the steering just became really heavy. Any advice?

Re: Heavy Steering

On E30, 34 and 39, when u run toe out, previously by incorrect steering / suspension geometry, steering tends to be light but inner thread wear. After 4 wheel align, with correct settings, toe in is set and generally a heavy feel at low speeds. But this gives good feel and in general, when speed increased and drag force on front wheels, a neutral toe is achieved...

Another reason is guy messed up yr toe setting and should get it rechecked..

Thanks Chris for the advice. Do you know anyone that specializes on BMW alignment? Or any bros out there can recommend. It's actually not just this heavy feeling, but when I turn to complete right, I feel as if the sterring is fighting with me to want to turn back. I have to use a little more strength just to make a u-turn.

If u don't mind to pay the price ($110) & got time to spare, try South East Motor (look inside workshop section). My E39 virgin wheel alignment was done there.

yes SE Tyre can do but the danger is you will leave that place with new rims as well

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneTab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back