heavy vibrations in the steering

frozebhot

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]so i took my recently bought e34 for a test run and it starts makeing heavy vibrations through the steering wheel. intially i thought the tires need to be balanced, but this wasnt the case. took it out again for a quick lap and the vibrations continued. the problem only happens between 80-100, anything over or under theres no problem. ????whats going on with my car?????:confused: [/FONT]

Re: heavy vibrations in the steering

mounting perhaps? better to bring down to workshop to have a look

My previous ride have quite similar problem which wheel balancing and alignment didn't helped. After I upgrade the rims, problem gone. So I amount it bad rims. Another occasion was milder when one of my shock went limped. For this, it initially was felt at a higher speed around 180 and it progressively started appearing down to around 140 before I discovered the limped shock.

Do

My previous ride have quite similar problem which wheel balancing and alignment didn't helped. After I upgrade the rims, problem gone. So I amount it bad rims. Another occasion was milder when one of my shock went limped. For this, it initially was felt at a higher speed around 180 and it progressively started appearing down to around 140 before I discovered the limped shock.

Do you happened to be driving a light greenish silver E34? I noticed one few weeks back on the AYE with a hopping rear passenger side wheel. I tried to get his attention but he was busy on the phone, so I drove off after a while. That would certainly cause vibrations.

Dude.
If you continually encounter this problem, especially on an E34, its a signal to get your front control arm bushes replaced. That's usually the main cause of the vibrations. Once you've got that done, go do an on-wheel / high-speed balancing for best results. (A good place to go is Kenny's Wheel Alignment at AMK Autopoint).

Also, you may wanna check if your rims are of the right fit. Some aftermarket rims require an additional centre bore for stability.

Cheers

hey thanks for the advise, as for takeing it to shops some people suggested, i cant, im pretty much on the otherside of the world right now hahah, but im defiantly going to get the arm bushings checked as well as the brake rotor and wheel bearings. thanks guys/girls

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Personalizedgiftsforu

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back