Helicopter....inside my 3

basker

Hi Bros

today when i drove into basement carpark i heard a loud sound ( like a huge fan running ) thought it was those basement carpark ventilators running....only found out it is from my car engine when i came out from my vehicle ..... any idea what could be the problem ? another 5 km to next service ..can i wait till then ? Thks in adv..

Re: Helicopter....inside my 3

Thanks Bro !

Will be sending ride for complete check on 12th Mar....SA better be PRO ! Name is Anthony - any feedback about him ? want to be prepare before i see him :shoot:

olympian8;766528 said:
Bro

where is "SA"??

How was the service?

Service Advisor

cheers

south africa

I notice my E90 320i fan also gets quite loud after awhile...if anyone gets it resolved, let me know...kind of unbearable when you hear it from outside...

Mine too....my wife says it sound like a TAXI.....ouch...

Can i just change the fan?

or can it be the engine?

Any suggestions what is the likely cause?

Oly

raymysterio;768407 said:
I notice my E90 320i fan also gets quite loud after awhile...if anyone gets it resolved, let me know...kind of unbearable when you hear it from outside...

Noticed it too last time on my E90 - and when my water pump failed, PML said they would check and see whether the fan controller also needed to be changed (another 1k damage). Fortunately it was ok then. The loud noise dies down after a while, but can be quite worrying when u hear it spin at high speed.

My 2008 130i also experienced the same problem, and I brought it to BossM to check. Turns out that my thermostat was faulty and need to be replaced (can be detected via diagnostic tool used by BossM). Replacement will take almost half a day (for my car at least) as they need to remove engine mounting etc (I didn't witness it as I left my car there and went off).... Anyway, got the problem resolved and never hear the loud radiator fan sound anymore :)

You can pm me for the cost as I think it is not nice to put it up on public forum (regardless it is cheaper or more expensive than others)

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Made appointment to fix the following

1) Chirping sound - shock absorber faulty
2) Helicopter sound = Auxillary fan - Thermostat faulty
3) Cabin squeaking noise - install 3M black tape
4) Wiper blade - not under warranty - cost about $100+
5) Loud sound ( like frog croaking ) coming from around front wheel area when driving in wet condition i.e. rainy days - unable to confirm as it was not rainy during QC test drive.

Cheers !

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red88video

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back