hello, 523 to install original GPS, possible?

peter thong

Hi,

Sorry, m new here so ......... not sure how this works.
M driving a 523 that is approaching the end of its warranty and hence m looking to 'improve' it a bit - checking to see if it is possible to install d original GPS system (as with the 525) here in Singapore.

Other thing would be is it also possible to check d 'chip' (no clue what chip it may be) - to up its HP to 215 (as with the 525 too).

Unworthy ex-airforceman (yup, studied engine but sucked at it)
Peter

Re: hello, 523 to install original GPS, possible?

peter thong;480989 said:
Hi,

Sorry, m new here so ......... not sure how this works.
M driving a 523 that is approaching the end of its warranty and hence m looking to 'improve' it a bit - checking to see if it is possible to install d original GPS system (as with the 525) here in Singapore.

Other thing would be is it also possible to check d 'chip' (no clue what chip it may be) - to up its HP to 215 (as with the 525 too).

Unworthy ex-airforceman (yup, studied engine but sucked at it)
Peter

call Snowdog of Juzz4cars
he has what you want, maybe more! :goodup:

There have been many discussions about the two topics you mention:

1. Factory Fitted GPS in iDrive - It is possible to do this but the cost (if memory serves me right) is over S$10k as they have to replace yr LCD etc... its not a small job. Your next alternative is to get a Garmin GPS which may be a little smaller but cost a damn side less than S$10k. Also, BMW/PML charges about $1k for each updated DVD GPS disc. These are released twice a year. The garmin ones are free to download and alot more easy to use.

2. Power Power Power - We all thought that the 523 is a detuned 525. I say thought because they had found that on top of the chip, there were alot more generic parts that were different between the 523 and 525. It would be a terrible waste of money to try and up the power of the engine to match that of the 525.

Good luck!

upgrade from Snowdog is that ex, less than 3k if u want rev camera included.

power wise...its an endless discussion who can do better on tuning la, additive la, super spark la etc...
anyway, have fun in this forum, n in no time, u will know who can offer what lobang or who can really make u feel sick after yr mod.:laughlik:

eh JLMc, like the pictutr of the singing lady,,anyone famous?

TheNew7;480996 said:
2. Power Power Power - We all thought that the 523 is a detuned 525. I say thought because they had found that on top of the chip, there were alot more generic parts that were different between the 523 and 525. It would be a terrible waste of money to try and up the power of the engine to match that of the 525.
Juz to add on what was said, 1 of the difference parts is DISA (Differential air intake). It is not juz change the parts. There is also tuning for timing and length of opening of DISA.

In short, juz enjoy ur ride.

SP-RAI;481008 said:
eh JLMc, like the pictutr of the singing lady,,anyone famous?

NO :offtopic:

but if u want, PM me then i send u whole lot of details..

still new here, Pm not activated yet, i guess,,

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iphone16seriesclickbuy

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back