hello from Ireland

madser

Hi all Madser here
I drive a 2001 316i but am just about to trade in against a fab 2000 520i which just happens to be a singapore imported into Ireland.
You guys really look after your cars
I am pleased to meet you all

Re: hello from Ireland

Hey there! Nice to meet you too and yes, a lot of us are fanatical of our cars here!

If you can post the chassis no here, maybe the former owner can chime in? Long shot but nice to see our rides make it across the globe!

Cheers
Sam

thanks i'll do that when we collect it later this week.
yes the singapore imports are becoming really popular here in Ireland because they're loaded compared to what we have here...our taxes on new cars are very high especially if the car has a lot of extras, so there's more base models available.....
slainte(cheers in irish)

Woah, that's something new we learn everyday!

So what are the prices of BMWs over there?

oh good, a spot of irish humour goes a long way. Welcome Paddy!!

Welcome! I am truly surprised to hear that our cars end up all the way there! I thought they go the countries around the AP region. Cheers!

yes, we're getting more and more used singapore cars here now, for years we had a lot of used japanese cars, but also we have all the usual new cars. In fact there are so many cars on Irish roads now it's almost gridlock every day......most households have 2 or 3 cars despite the cost, not to mention the high cost of insurance here too.
anyway you should look at Carzone.ie - New & Used Cars in Ireland - Welcome to Carzone. thats a good site to look up Irish prices of new and used cars with links to dealers etc....
It looks like it is also expensive to own a car in singapore too? but it's good to see that there's a limit to the amount of cars allowed on your roads.
slainte!!

Mate, the reason all our cars have every extra is because of the high prices we pay. No one would pay that much for a car that doesnt have leather seats at least! So any car from Singapore will always be fully loaded, and yes maintenance here is very high priority on everyones list, so all exported cars will be first rate. In fact a few of the memebers here dont' even drive their cars if it "may" rain, some have even never had their windscreen wiper turned on!

Welcome! Are you a northsider or southsider in Dublin? I thought traffic would be better with the ring expressway completed?

hi hciow
Am a southsider ( no offence but my beamer wouldent last too long on the northside..ha ha..) are you familiar with Dublin?
Only a few hours to go now before we pick up our 520iA....TICK TOCK....Time is going too slow...Just have to get new Dublin registration and we're on the road......roll on tomorrow....
we got all the papers for it today, manuals, service history, and v.r.c from SP with the name and address of the previous owner in SP.... do any of you think we should contact this person? would it be possible to get a phone number? would that be appropriate?...... It would be nice to have the personal history too for our 520iA beauty wouldent it? What do you all think?
slainte

sorry forgot to ask... anyone want the Singapore sat nav disc that came with all our paperwork? not much good to us here in Ireland. we need to get the euroupean version now.
slainte

Hey Mads, wow, you have all that stuff, even previous owner? Sure contact him i reckon. Or send a PM to one of the admin guys here to see if they know him
Is the sat nav a CD or DVD?
I will be interested to find out how much you pay for the Euro version of the sat nav disc.

Hey Phil
The SP sat nav disc is a cd.
The company we got our 520iA (JUST TODAY!!!!!HORRAY!!!!) Is going to supply us free of charge, the uk/Ireland disc,saving us 200 euros.
We picked up the car and its a beauty!!!! will post some photos later, who in admin do you recomend that we should pm to enquire about the previous owner?
also just to let you know, it's been raining here in Ireland for the last few days....picked up the car this afternoon and the sun started shining......
slainte

Hi mate

good news about getting you car, cool. The sat nav CD is 200 euros? thats kinda cheap!! Umm, any of the guys should be able to help, Ryan, Azriel. Or wait for someone to see this thread, they will answer

madser...u know what....u hv the best source now...quit ur job...start a used car dealership...we supply u the cars. what dayya think?

hmmm sounds sweet ya...? let me go find out more...shudnt be too difficult.

I found out a bit already, can be difficult to send to Aus, NZ easy, AUS stupid rules
I have lobang ready in Aus to take as many as we can send

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaibk8codes

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back