Help/ advice needed!! Tempered odometer

Re: Help/ advice needed!! Tempered odometer

Mind sharing the dealer name? Just as FYI for future reference.

Jai thai;1103103 said:
This will be interesting
:biggun:

No lar. Don't think need to flame the dealer. Just need to be more diligently in stating the Black and White if you decide to purchase from them. At least that's my opinion. Flame here flame there very tiring one lei.

Buying a car - first hand or pre-loved, from Authorized Stealership or Parallel importer or direct owner (or Ms. Lim :lol2:) is like marrying a woman. Heng Suay one. If you lucky, then it is 白头到老. If not, pattern many many chut ka liao until simi in-law(yer) or CASE or temple medium also get involved.

Moral of the story, go Geylang, ride chicken and cycle bicycle better.

webhunk;1103105 said:
No lar. Don't think need to flame the dealer. Just need to be more diligently in stating the Black and White if you decide to purchase from them. At least that's my opinion. Flame here flame there very tiring one lei.

Forum=exchange of ideas and good information
This thread is "help/advice needed"
Thank you

Buying a used car really jialat in singapore. Sell ride with high mileage , the dealer will squeeze our prices like sugar cane but tampered the odometer and sell for a high price.... Should let us know this dealer so we can avoid buying from them

easy to find out - just bring key to PML.

They simply plug key into computer, and compare the readings against previously serviced records of the car in question- i m sure all BMW cars would have at least serviced or updated software some time in the past.

(if last service record was at 100k mileage at a said date, then upon plugging in key, should correspond accordingly. If lesser, then you have your answer)

so prior to purchase a pre-owned bimmer, ask to bring the key to PML for verification. (if they so confidently allow lor)

This service is provided FOC.

Service records can be changed......

WhiteE90;1103268 said:
easy to find out - just bring key to PML.

They simply plug key into computer, and compare the readings against previously serviced records of the car in question- i m sure all BMW cars would have at least serviced or updated software some time in the past.

(if last service record was at 100k mileage at a said date, then upon plugging in key, should correspond accordingly. If lesser, then you have your answer)

so prior to purchase a pre-owned bimmer, ask to bring the key to PML for verification. (if they so confidently allow lor)

This service is provided FOC.

yes, service records can indeed be changed. But it is unlikely for anyone to have that kind of foresight from the on-start of their new car, when sent in for early days /warranty servicing. Possible, but i personally feel it is unlikely.

I spoke to the reception at a certain 'less popular' pml service center, ( i went on a slow day, so they were free for chats), this is the common manner whereby the unsuspecting next owner finds out the painful truth.

Thanks for sharing too!

I think it's mostly about Heng Suay also. I believe majority of the dealer would wanna earn more from us so they resort to this kind of underhand tactics. I'm so upset to join the forum so late, should have joined when I got my previous E90. At least or maybe I would have taken precaution upon buying my current ride. But all in all I'm happy with my car, took the compensation and use it to get a Brembo gt brake today!!

Kai09;1103274 said:
I think it's mostly about Heng Suay also. I believe majority of the dealer would wanna earn more from us so they resort to this kind of underhand tactics. I'm so upset to join the forum so late, should have joined when I got my previous E90. At least or maybe I would have taken precaution upon buying my current ride. But all in all I'm happy with my car, took the compensation and use it to get a Brembo gt brake today!!
Happy for you for looking at the brighter side of things! Brembo GT FTW :goodup:

Kai09;1103274 said:

That's an excellent attitude - don't let one unscrupulous dealer spoil the experience of owning and driving a BMW. Well done on the Brembo GT Brake kit!

WhiteE90;1103273 said:
yes, service records can indeed be changed. But it is unlikely for anyone to have that kind of foresight from the on-start of their new car, when sent in for early days /warranty servicing. Possible, but i personally feel it is unlikely.

I spoke to the reception at a certain 'less popular' pml service center, ( i went on a slow day, so they were free for chats), this is the common manner whereby the unsuspecting next owner finds out the painful truth.

Thanks for sharing too!

The difficulty of this is that most people do not send their cars in to PML after warranty ends. So plugging in the key fob to the system will not help much.

Case in point - we did a full system check and found one of the rides with original mileage at over 170000km (over 7 years). However, it was tampered and sold as a relatively "low" mileage car at around 100000km. And the original owner never went back to PML after the 3rd year so there were 4 years of dubious servicing records on paper from other workshops. Going to PML in this case would not help.

Ultimately, caveat emptor. When buying pre-loved, get the ride checked out properly so that any existing issues and fraud are caught before you sign that cheque.

Cheersssss......!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubetsbs1
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back