Help anyone know what this symbol mean?

AdrianNg

Driving my e90 today and a warning signal came out . It's a yellow light bulb with an exclamation mark in the centre.

I thought a light bulb is blown out . Check all the lights and are all working ok. Tool out the manual and it state external light failure and recommendation is to send to workshop.

Any bro know what could be faulty ? Pls advice. Tks.

Re: Help anyone know what this symbol mean?

AdrianNg;614571 said:
Driving my e90 today and a warning signal came out . It's a yellow light bulb with an exclamation mark in the centre.

I thought a light bulb is blown out . Check all the lights and are all working ok. Tool out the manual and it state external light failure and recommendation is to send to workshop.

Maybe yr footwell module got problem. go any BMW workshop and d/l the fault to see where go wrong.

AdrianNg;614571 said:

Did you check everything including the front and rear fog lights ?

how about the brake light or the indicators light including the side markers

Just take your car in to any of the bmw site sponsors workshops and have them let you know what's wrong.If your car still under warranty take back to PML and get them to replace for you for free(that's what I did in the past).Tailights alone consists of a few light bulbs sometimes if only one small one fuse it's harder to detect.Plus there's reverse lights and like the other bros mentioned side indicators,etc.

Sorry to hop on ur thread... I got this check light on after I changed my position lights to led. Any ways to stop the check light to prompt?

Petmail;614612 said:
Sorry to hop on ur thread... I got this check light on after I changed my position lights to led. Any ways to stop the check light to prompt?

btw what is position light?
the led light wattage is outside the threshold of the circuit specs the computer is checking against. put certain value of resistor across the LED circuit. problem solved!

Red_Bean_Bun;614595 said:
Did you check everything including the front and rear fog lights ?

how about brake lights? need someone to step on brakes while you look vice versa or go look for reflective walls back up your car and eyeball the brake lights thru yr rear view mirror..hahaha!

anyway like other suggested bring yr ride to PML if it is under warranty.. the replace on the spot FOC while you coffee..

zag;614718 said:
btw what is position light?
the led light wattage is outside the threshold of the circuit specs the computer is checking against. put certain value of resistor across the LED circuit. problem solved!

you mean the fuses after the gloves compartment?

Petmail;614612 said:

u need to get the canbus led.. that one will solve your problem

Hey, i got the same yellow light bulb with an exclamation mark in the centre today.

How can i turn the warning sign off before i go PML next week? Its irritating :(

And is it foc replacement? PML is $ sucking place....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
five88loans

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back