Help: E60 idrive screwing up!!!

merkava74

For no reason whatsoever, the DTC warning yellow light comes one, the parking brake light becomes yellow, and I receive 2 system messages as follows:

Driving Stability.
Drive control system failure.
Reduced roadholding stability when cornering.
Drive Moderately!
Have the problem checked by nearest BMW service.

Start assistant inactive.
Caution, car can roll back!
Have the problem checked soon by BMW service.

The car still drives normally, but it is irritating as it comes one every other day. The first time it came up, i sent it into PML for repairs, and they updated the software on the idrive. But after 2 weeks, the problem came back.

I suspect it has something to do with the wheels, cos that is the only part that I modified (from stock to M5 166 rims - done by PML).

Does anyone have the same problems? Any solutions or suggestions when I send it in again?

Thanks.

Re: Help: E60 idrive screwing up!!!

I also got staggered M166 done by PML too. Already ran 3000+km with no problems so far.

merkava74;253854 said:
For no reason whatsoever, the DTC warning yellow light comes one, the parking brake light becomes yellow, and I receive 2 system messages as follows:

Driving Stability.
Drive Moderately!

The car still drives normally, but it is irritating as it comes one every other day. The first time it came up, i sent it into PML for repairs, and they updated the software on the idrive. But after 2 weeks, the problem came back.

I suspect it has something to do with the wheels, cos that is the only part that I modified (from stock to M5 166 rims - done by PML).

Does anyone have the same problems? Any solutions or suggestions when I send it in again?

Thanks.

merkava74;253854 said:

Driving Stability.
Drive Moderately!

Thanks.

1000% not the wheels... how old is ur car?? i guess its quite new... its the problem with the software...or the ECU...

Terry;253887 said:
1000% not the wheels... how old is ur car?? i guess its quite new... its the problem with the software...or the ECU...

Yes it is new, which is what is irritating me... less than a month old!

Doesn't seem to be the software, cos the last time I sent it in, they resetted it and had it upgraded to the latest version...

Hey, my brand new LCI has got this two problem too!

- Drive control system failure.
- Start assistant inactive.

Yet to send in to PML as Im still waiting for their availability of courtesy car. :(

U got this problem also? How long does PML need to take to change this DTC thingy?

osprey;254130 said:
need to chg the DTC circuit board.

Just sent my ride into PML. After diagnostics, the fault is found in the Steering Sensor. This was what the tech explained:

When you turn your steering at a particular angle and speed, the sensors detect this, and send signals to the wheels to adjust the suspension accordingly to minimise roll when turning.

So when the sensors are faulty, the wheels don't know what to do, hence displaying the message that drive stability control is inactive.

The repairs take about a day.

Been reading up this issues fairly quite abit and it appears to happen on cars with Active Steering ONLY. The Steering Angle Sensor is to be replaced and DTC/DSC control module to be recalibrated by PML if necessary.

Strange! Mine is a 523i without active steering. :whythis:

elmariachi;256631 said:
Been reading up this issues fairly quite abit and it appears to happen on cars with Active Steering ONLY. The Steering Angle Sensor is to be replaced and DTC/DSC control module to be recalibrated by PML if necessary.

So yours is fixed and error no more coming up again?

Where is this sensor btw, interior or exterior? I hate PML work on my interior, they always leave scratches here and there after fixing. :furious:

merkava74;256626 said:
Just sent my ride into PML. After diagnostics, the fault is found in the Steering Sensor. This was what the tech explained:

When you turn your steering at a particular angle and speed, the sensors detect this, and send signals to the wheels to adjust the suspension accordingly to minimise roll when turning.

So when the sensors are faulty, the wheels don't know what to do, hence displaying the message that drive stability control is inactive.

The repairs take about a day.

Just 2 days after PML replaced my steering angle sensor, the errors came back again! :furious:

Bro Merkava74,
U collected ur car yet??? Or still waiting to rectify ur paintwork??:)

Bro Merkava74,
U collected ur car yet??? Or still waiting to rectify ur paintwork??:)

Haha... sadly, it is still there. Expected collection: Friday... (tomorrow)

How's YOUR new ride? :p

Coming....next week...afterwhich go for I.C.E. treatment. Let u preview after I come back from Ozzieland!!!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProtonBits
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back