Help! In connecting ipod to car

saturated

hi there, i need to know where to buy an adaptor for my ipod to connect directly to my bmw 325ci factory stereo set (not the FM kind) thanks a lot!!!

Re: Help! In connecting ipod to car

you cld use an FM transmitter.. i got mine for $25 at SLS

if yours is an e90, inside the armrest there should be a aux jack for regular 3.5 audio jack.. just go any audio/electrical good store get a wire...

saturated;245093 said:
hi there, i need to know where to buy an adaptor for my ipod to connect directly to my bmw 325ci factory stereo set (not the FM kind) thanks a lot!!!
You need an Aux cable from PML (who may need to program your headunit)..

I personally found it too much hassle..but my fm play is pretty much shit.

if u want quality, u better get a head unit with ipod cable.
dumped my kenwood HU and got myself an Alpine ipod-ready HU.....that should set u back at least 400+ for a basic HU

i've used the fm transmitter in sg without much problems... until i get into very dense urban areas. :)

yeah. a new head unit would be great. the alpine ipod ready head units are great.

I've just installed the BMW's ipod interface into my car - works fantastic! Displays albums, artist and track name and time. Downside: Need to forgo CDC, but if you have 1K songs on your Ipod, do you still need 6 CDs?? Besides, you can still listen on the Single CD Changer!

sszone;245195 said:
if u want quality, u better get a head unit with ipod cable.
dumped my kenwood HU and got myself an Alpine ipod-ready HU.....that should set u back at least 400+ for a basic HU

Hi SSZONE,

I've also got an alpine headset with an ipod cable from my previous car. I wanted to transplant these units to my X3 which is still under warranty. The workshop that i went to advised me against doing that as this will void my warranty. PML will blame me for fiddling with the car if anything should fail. Is this true? Any similar experience?

Also, with the alpine headset....you can't control the ipod from the steering wheel rite? Meaning all the cd, radio controls on the steering wheel will be gone?

Thanks so much! :)

The ipod interface that PML does is great! BUt......
It doesnt show chinese words, it replaces it with '?'..
That's the only bad thing.. If not its perfect.

This guy has the original SCOSCHE adaptor for Ipod.
I went to his showroom and was amazed with so many accessories he carries....

SQ Image
Desmond Choo
6566 5253
9665 3407

Disclaimer: I have no business dealing.

Hey maple. What does this SQ image do exactly? Can he help u connect your ipod to the stock BMW stereo

bentai85;259969 said:
Hey maple. What does this SQ image do exactly? Can he help u connect your ipod to the stock BMW stereo

He is the distributor of some ICE parts. Don't have a workshop but will recommend you to appropriate workshops.

i drive a e46 325ci, tried changing my hu but the guy at the audio place told me that my ECU would be affected and that my digital display at the dials (e.g mileage, servicing) will not be displayed. gonna check out the SQ images see if can use back my stock hu or not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fun88141
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back