Help needed for Battery problem

Starman

Recently after driving my F30 for 2 years and received a warning as "Increased battery discharge when stationary ". Anyone has encounter this problem before?

My battery flatted and needed to jump-start my car. The worst is my car warranty just over last month. :eek:

What could be cause ?

Do you have an in-car camera system? That could be one issue where the drain is a problem.

I tried call Max few times yesterday but failed to get him. In fact, I found something interesting about BMW intelligent battery sensor, IBS

Hi Starman,

We might be busy so missed your call. For this battery issue, you are not the first one. Quite a few Friend who installing aftermarket recoding camera, and doing so called "24 hr" recoding will sooner or later facing same issue as you.

No problem. Any recommendation where can change a new battery with registering to the car for good price?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

F series batt I think $700+, older version batt may be $490+.
I just had a flat batt last week n changed to an aftermarket one with $200

Just spent $733 to replace the battery on my F25. Battery got completely discharged and BMW Servicemobile came over. He also reset everything but the battery discharge warning still shows. He said this may disappear after a while but he also suggested to bring it over to workshop to reprogram the battery sensor if the warning persists. FYI, I have BMW Advanced Eye Camera and possible that the parking mode drained the battery as we just came back from a short holiday. However, we were out longer during Christmas and everything was ok. So i don't really know how my battery got discharged.

Just spent $733 to replace the battery on my F25. Battery got completely discharged and BMW Servicemobile came over. He also reset everything but the battery discharge warning still shows. He said this may disappear after a while but he also suggested to bring it over to workshop to reprogram the battery sensor if the warning persists. FYI, I have BMW Advanced Eye Camera and possible that the parking mode drained the battery as we just came back from a short holiday. However, we were out longer during Christmas and everything was ok. So i don't really know how my battery got discharged.

Do an energy diagnosis which will help narrow down which part of the car is leaking energy. That would also reveal the holding and charge states.

That being said - don't think the battery sensor (actually the right term is IBS) needs to be programmed unless he put a battery in that is different from the ride's FA.

Do an energy diagnosis which will help narrow down which part of the car is leaking energy. That would also reveal the holding and charge states.

That being said - don't think the battery sensor (actually the right term is IBS) needs to be programmed unless he put a battery in that is different from the ride's FA.

Thanks for the advice, I'll see tomorrow if the baterry warning sign actually disappears as thinks. But I'm sure that the battery replacement (AGM) is the same as the original battery. If not, i'll drop by PML workshop for the energy diagnosis -- I suppose they can do this, right?

Thanks for the advice, I'll see tomorrow if the baterry warning sign actually disappears as thinks. But I'm sure that the battery replacement (AGM) is the same as the original battery. If not, i'll drop by PML workshop for the energy diagnosis -- I suppose they can do this, right?

Of course they would know how to do this.

It is a standard ABL

How was this eventually resolved?

Sounds like some device is draining the battery.... GPS? USB port connected to something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am using a iroad v9 camera and facing same issue. Just merely 1 day after installing the cam, the next morning when i start the car, it shows the battery warning "Increased battery discharge when stationary".

May I know how to solve this problem? Anyone using iroad cam? Do u all connect to car battery and record 24/7? Or connect to ignition and record only when engine is on?

Install iRoad battery pack will solve the problem but I feel they charge way too high for a powerbank..... so I didn't do it.

I have an iRoad V7 and living with this message for a long time liao.

I'm actually more interacted in disabling the power to devices like regular Japanese cars (upon switching off ignition). But not sure how to do it.

Last edited:
Am using the Udrive car camera. Same issue if I leave it record 24/7. Problem solve when I set to auto cut at 6hrs but doesn't make sense cos will have blackout period.
Where can I get the extra battery fitted so that it doesn't drain main car battery? Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beijingwelcome

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back