help needed here on e46 oil leaks

shadow1

hi all. having prob with oil leaks n now even coolant water also hav oil in it n water became muddy brown.. anyone 1 encounter this before? n where to fix this prob. i was told if everything were to be fixed it will cost mi a bomb. anyone can help mi with this? thanks

Re: help needed here on e46 oil leaks

seems like a gasket problem.

get your car down to r2d soon. there's nothing that rodney can't solve, especially so for e46. and at a fraction of the price what PML will charge.

R2D
51 Bukit Batok Crescent
#02-18, Unity Centre
S(658077)
Tel 63163283 or 96651761

I concur with Jinooi. Suggest you try Rod at R2D - he always knows the cost effective solution for all E46 problems!

but roughly how much wil it cost to change the gasket? few thousands? btw thanks for answering my help. :)

it may not be the head gasket.

but whatever it is, it will not cost you a few thousand bucks.

you will need to drive you car to the workshop and ask rod to help you troubleshoot. kinda hard to tell how extensive the work is going to be from here.

mai tu liao, go R2D for diagnosis. If rod cannot solve, i chop ok.

better state what you are going to chop...

My little finger nails...:p ...

i thot so too...

confirm cost more than a bomb. Particularly if it is the head gasket.

Water muddy brown means you have never changed the coolant

How do you know oil is in the radiator? Has the oil cap got any white residue?

ya. i nvr change the water in coolant coz my mechanic says even change also no use. he open up coolant water is muddy brown n sticky. he says pipings crack n engine oil seeps into my coolant. wad i m afraid is fixing up the whole thing may cost mi few thousands.

btw how to change water in coolant? its now full of muddy brown water.

the muddy brown colour of water doesn't necessarily mean there's engine oil in the coolant. it's like that because you haven't flushed your cooling system for a long time and it's filled with sediment due to oxidation.

in order to flush the cooling system, you have to either disconnect part of the piping, or stick a hose into the radiator, start the engine and literally flush out the gunk.

i advise you to seek a second opinion regarding your car.

crack in the piping? what piping? the only place where the cooling system and the engine lubrication system meet is at the engine itself - cooling system is a water jacket that wraps around the engine. so what piping?

hmm.. kk. thanks. i think i better go to R2D n ask roodney to check my car..i m a very new bmw driver here alot things i still need u guys to help mi out.. thanks alot..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9betstoday

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back