Help Needed urgent on Radiator problem

hi fellow bmw owner

i m facing a problem with my radiator
after i top up my reserve tank the radiator odicator lamp will light up after 50-100m of drive but when i check there is still water there at times water just disappear overnight.

just today while i was driving my water temp meter rose to the MAX and after 30 sec it drop back to normal n my radiator indicator didn't even light up at all. chack with pml n they say if water temp til max engine dies off but mine didn't. top up almost 4l of water n next thing the radiator idicator light up again obviously water is in there as there is no water pool on the floor.so what is wrong can i still drive on? :screwedu:

Watch out for a faulty thermostat. If it is stuck, flow rates will be drastically reduced and this leads to an increase in water temps. The water that you topped up is either being purged away due to the high pressures from temp or worse leaking into the combustion chamber.

Either way send for check ASAP.

there might be some air pockets in your radiator system... also your thermostat like what yendor said.

what is your mileage? your pump might be the culprit if it is more than 80000km.

HI All,

I recently faced similar problems.

I changed everything from the radiator, 2 thermostats and hoses.

Better safe than sorry. My mileage about 80000KM. Cost about 1K done outside PML.

Regards,

Re: Help Needed urgent on Radiator problem

Lactoseman said:
hi fellow bmw owner

i m facing a problem with my radiator
after i top up my reserve tank the radiator odicator lamp will light up after 50-100m of drive but when i check there is still water there at times water just disappear overnight.

just today while i was driving my water temp meter rose to the MAX and after 30 sec it drop back to normal n my radiator indicator didn't even light up at all. chack with pml n they say if water temp til max engine dies off but mine didn't. top up almost 4l of water n next thing the radiator idicator light up again obviously water is in there as there is no water pool on the floor.so what is wrong can i still drive on? :screwedu:

U have to tell u ur mileage in your car and the model u r driving....

Temperature shooting up may be a sign that the water pump bearing is jammed intermittently or the fan clutch/fan not working intermittently.

Send it to a outside workshop if ur car is out of warranty and they have the pump that can pressurised the radiator and trace for the leak. If u have coolant in the system, traces of green stain might be the area of leak.

U should never drive the car when the temperature indicator lights up, u r running into warping the engine, a common failure when the cooling system seize up.

From M52 onwards, the engine are all aluminium block and if the engine stalls after overheating, PML will carry out a torque test on the bolting nut of the engine. If it fails, the engine needs to be replaced.

e46sg;37823 said:
HI All,

I recently faced similar problems.

I changed everything from the radiator, 2 thermostats and hoses.

Better safe than sorry. My mileage about 80000KM. Cost about 1K done outside PML.

Regards,

HI,

Wch WS u visited to solve this problem? My car coolent run low quite fast.

Go to Moto Aire at Block 7 Sin Ming Road #01-88, look for Ah Chuan 9660 4911. Check for a radiator leak.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
888bjnet
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back