Help: Neighbours paint specks all over my car

MaVrk

Hi guys,

Need some help with a solution.

My neighbour's contractor was doing some painting in his garden, paint flakes flew all over my car. I kinda realised the thousands of specks all over my paintwork.

Tried washing it off, but it has proved to be an extremely daunting task. While some specks are removable, most of them have kinda set in. Managed to scrap off a couple of hundred paint specks, but have got thousands more to clear.

I gave up after spending 4 continous hours and came to realise, i'd probably need some professional help.

Is there any recommended way i could get rid of the paint specks, or is there any professional shop that offers such services? Thanks in advance. Any recommendations or suggestions would very much be appreciated. Cheers.

Re: Help: Neighbours paint specks all over my car

tried using claybar?

besides all the DIY work...

please approach your neighbour and the contractor as well...

too many contractors get away with it...

Agreed, perhaps they should pay for it to be professionally removed by a groomer.

sorry to hear about that, yes let them know that they have made a mess of ur car. hopfully they will pay for the clean up job. good luck!

You might wanna outsource the delivery of warning to a professional. Call 1-900-ORH-LULU for assistance.

Seriously, get a groomer to remove it.

Dun waste time with the owner or the contractor. Both will shun responsibilities.

Inform the owner, make it uneasy for contractor...or both of em.

many f up contractors...sigh

Hi All,

Thanks for the feeback and suggestions.

Being the diplomatic me, i guess i rather not sour neigbourly relations over paint specks, though it's really kind of a lousy feeling having a pokka-dot black car with white spots all over. Dun reali wanna create another infamous "EVERITT ROAD SAGA" as well.

Guess i'll just hafta foot the bill. Sighz.

Between, wats clay bar? Where can i get it? Issit a solution for eliminating paint specks.

Just a warning, going forward to fellow mates out there, make sure ur car is out of your driveway when neighbours have paintwork in progress. It can such a hassle and of course an eyesore when paintwork is all over ur car.

Any reliable professsional groomers to recommend buddies? I'm staying in the east, near frankel, any good groomers to recommend around the area.

can i be your neighbour?

Whether you plan to foot the bill yourself or not is not the issue. You should still inform your neighbour (nicely) of what has happened so he would be aware of such issues in the future. you don't want to spend money on grooming the car and the next day your neighbour or contractor does the same thing again.

precisely...

am more concerned about the contractor getting away with it again.

Sure pilot snoopy, u can be my neighbour, as long as u have no paintwork to be done buddy..hahahha..

Tried all sorts of ways to get it removed, bought some meguair clay kit, autoglym tar remover & resin polish, but to no avail...being not an expert in the subject matter...better not aggrevate the paintwork further.

Anywez, i checked with a groomer and he's charging 300 bucks to have it professionally removed and to repolish all the affected surface area of the car. Is 300 bucks reasonable? or issit kinda inflated? not too sure abt market rate.

Think i better have it done asap, most prob 2morrow, if not, 1000s of paint specks are only gonna set into the paint further, making it more ony harder to remove.

Would be most grateful if i cld get some advice or suggestions regarding market rate for such grooming services.

Tell us which groomer gave you this quote and find out exactly what are they gonna put on your car. Would help if you want some feedback.

Hi Marklee,

Its a groomer located in d east.

300 bucks for claybar and repolish wif sealant..i think tats abt all i can rcall.

Reasonable? TIA. Cheers

marklee;374019 said:
Whether you plan to foot the bill yourself or not is not the issue. You should still inform your neighbour (nicely) of what has happened so he would be aware of such issues in the future. you don't want to spend money on grooming the car and the next day your neighbour or contractor does the same thing again.

Yes, definitely. For all you know, the paint job isn't finished yet. While you touch up your car, your neighbor may still touch up his house paint job.

Least he could do is inform you of his activities in the future.

Can claybar touch up speckles on the clear created by bird droppings?

This is actually easy to remove. I had it happen to my car before too back in the US. A professional will remove it easily without ANY damage to your car. How I don't know...

I've tried 2 products on building paint related spots.

1) Scratch-X - didn't work

2) Meguire's cheapo Step1: Paint Cleaner in a maroon bottle. It worked quite well, acted like a solvent to the paint spots. Didn't have to rub hard and the paint spots came off - and despite it's name, it's not a paint-remover. hehe, just a paint restoring product to remove contaminants.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back