Help! No brake Lights!!

futron.sim

I need some help here regarding my brake lights. I just realise that when I step on my brakes, my brake lights do not light up at all. Totally no lights. Either wiring or brake switch problem?

But when I turn on my headlights, the brake lights do come up. WTF..... Any idea whats wrong and how I could fix it?

Re: Help! No brake Lights!!

yup, pop your bonnet, check your fuse box....the plan is on the underside of the fuse box cover. probably set u back $1.50 for a new fuse.

futron.sim;463056 said:
I need some help here regarding my brake lights. I just realise that when I step on my brakes, my brake lights do not light up at all. Totally no lights. Either wiring or brake switch problem?

But when I turn on my headlights, the brake lights do come up. WTF..... Any idea whats wrong and how I could fix it?

brake lights n rear lights r different bulbs. if ur 3rd brake light also doesnt work..means fuse. if it works means likely ur 2 bulbs blew.

totoseow;463506 said:
brake lights n rear lights r different bulbs. if ur 3rd brake light also doesnt work..means fuse. if it works means likely ur 2 bulbs blew.
how can blubs blew liao still can light up with headlight turn on... welcome home, u need jet lag pills?

Wiring old liao? time for wire harness replacement... my boot wiring harness just arrive today yea yea... hahahaha

the brake light is double filament bulb rite?? 1 filament lights up when lights on, the other filament when you step brake...

here is how i will solve it :

1) ask someone step brake, go to the rear light.. take test pen (those for testing 12v ) and test the wiring got electricity anot...

IF GOT:

2) Since got electricity.. high possibility is your bulb blow.. change your bulb...

3) still dun haf? check your connector.. sometimes connector lose.. or wiring drop out... take out check...

IF DON'T HAVE

2) check fuse... fuse blow, replace... if fuse nvr blow go to (3)

3) when i was playing around with the rear lights, i realised that alot of wires are peddled from the right hand side rear lights to the left... so if the main wire TO the right hand rear light is broken, both side also wun light up... go to the right side n test for electricity.. if don't have, high chance is the wire is broken mid-way along the route... trace the wire till you find the broken area....

Hope this helps... just my 2 cents opinion.

The problem is finally fixed. It turns out to be brake switch and 2 blown bulbs.....lol...

cost me $10... heng.... But the brake switch is EXPENSIVE!! $77 from Eng Soon.... OMG....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamebai799com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back