Help on E90

qianle

Hi shifu's.. Need some help on my E90 without power steering.. At first I thought it was due to the tyre I was using.. But after changing to a new set of tyres,the problem still persists.. The problem is that whenever it rains,as long as there is a puddle of water,the steering wheel will pull.. Sometimes the pull was so bad that on highway from first lane the pull will pull the car to the center lane.. Good thing there was no car in the center lane.. Any small puddles the car will pull.. Am using 235/40R18 for front and 255/35R18 rear(wanted 265 but no stock).. Anyone else having the same problems? Now have to drive quite slowly whenever it rains.. Below 40km/h.. Else the pull is quite strong.. Thanks a lot for reading.. :)

Re: Help on E90

Hi, what Tyres are you using?

Hi,was previously on Bridgestone RE002.. One of the worst tyre I have used.. Expensive also.. Just changed to gt radial hpy.. Recommended by my tyre shop..

Sounds serious to me..... have you checked out your wheel alignment? Also, check and make sure that all suspension bushing and arms are in place, and that nothing was broken or loose.

Careful not to get into accident wor...

you seriously should send the car into a workshop immediatley! stop being a hazard to yourself the the rest of the people.

qianle;976524 said:
Hi shifu's.. Need some help on my E90 without power steering.. At first I thought it was due to the tyre I was using.. But after changing to a new set of tyres,the problem still persists.. The problem is that whenever it rains,as long as there is a puddle of water,the steering wheel will pull.. Sometimes the pull was so bad that on highway from first lane the pull will pull the car to the center lane.. Good thing there was no car in the center lane.. Any small puddles the car will pull.. Am using 235/40R18 for front and 255/35R18 rear(wanted 265 but no stock).. Anyone else having the same problems? Now have to drive quite slowly whenever it rains.. Below 40km/h.. Else the pull is quite strong.. Thanks a lot for reading.. :)

You are saying it pulls to one side when the roads are wet but its ok in dry conditiond ?

Do you mean that the car is suppose to stay straight whenever u hit a puddle of water ? I was told that if you ever lowered your car chances are the car will veer even during normal driving conditions.

.. i dunno about the tyres you are using man, you should get your

SUSPENSION

TYRE

ALIGNMENT

*all* checked out.

Hi,thanks for the replies.. I am currently using konis FSD shock absorbers with stock springs.. Got it changed at J4C with both front top upper mounts.. They mentioned I did not need an alignment since I did not lower the car.. And whenever the car hits a puddle,the car will pull towards the puddle with the steering also pulling.. Must counter back quite a lot.. Thus only keep to the center lanes on highway.. On small roads will drive slowly.. To prevent any pulling.. The gt radial hpy has good reviews overseas.. GT Radial Champiro HPY | the GT Radial Champiro HPY reviewed and rated | the online tyre guide It is definitely better then the RE002..

qianle;976688 said:
Hi,thanks for the replies.. I am currently using konis FSD shock absorbers with stock springs.. Got it changed at J4C with both front top upper mounts.. They mentioned I did not need an alignment since I did not lower the car.. And whenever the car hits a puddle,the car will pull towards the puddle with the steering also pulling.. Must counter back quite a lot.. Thus only keep to the center lanes on highway.. On small roads will drive slowly.. To prevent any pulling.. The gt radial hpy has good reviews overseas.. GT Radial Champiro HPY | the GT Radial Champiro HPY reviewed and rated | the online tyre guide It is definitely better then the RE002..

If it only happen when it hit a puddle of water, then I will still believe problem is from the tyres. What you are mentioning is aquaplaning. Below information taken from Wiki.

Aquaplaning or hydroplaning by the tires of a road vehicle, aircraft or roller coaster occurs when a layer of water builds between the wheels of the vehicle and the road surface, leading to a loss of traction that prevents the vehicle from responding to control inputs. If it occurs to all wheels simultaneously, the vehicle becomes, in effect, an uncontrolled sled.

Change shocks normally need alignment .....

qianle;976688 said:

Red_Bean_Bun;976714 said:

Yup. I had my suspension replaced and was advised to do alignment. Before I had time to do it, when travelling around 90kmh, the steering will judder. After alignment, swee swee...

Red_Bean_Bun;976714 said:

Totally agreed! I had mine done shortly after changing the shocks...

I wonder what J4C has to say.:thinking:

Change shock no need to do alignment is like changing tyre no need to do balancing since the rims are the same.

qianle;976688 said:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bong88promo

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back