help... pick up speed problem

albertus

I'm currently driving E36 316i... i am having a problem with my acceleration, my car seems take very long to pick up its speed. It's very unusual altough it's automatic transmission car. It moves really slow on the road till i got horn many times by vehicIes behind me. It really frustate me. have tried to change the airflow meter, sparks plug, check the engine oil, but i still have the same problem. I was wondering if anyone out there knows about problem like this? Thanks for any comment or experience that you can share.

Re: help... pick up speed problem

Hi alberyus,

it could be due to the ignition cable/acceleration cable faulty.....you try to check with BVO 64551566....

Cheers

Dude, e36, 316 Auto, what are you really expecting? I mean no offence. A heavy ass car, a small engine, auto transmission. A 316 Manual is a different story.

Could be one of the ignition coils have conked out. Happened to me before.

Went to BVO and it was quickly diagnosed and fixed. Not expensive.

Thanks everyone... i will try to go down to BVO tomorrow morning. Thanks for the feedback...:)

No offense, but if you kena honked at means you driving in the wrong lane?

i know the problem la....your GB is gone!!!

Could be a lot of things...
Fuel pressure, Air Mass Sensor, Crank sensor etc.

Best way - BVO

Can you feel the transmission shifting? It sounds like your transmission is stuck in 3rd gear.. for the E34/E36 era cars, when the trans computer detects an anomaly it will lock the gearbox in 3rd gear which is a sort of 'limp mode' it could be anything from the pressure regulator to the solenoid valves etc

I had this intermittent problem with my 320i Auto which I knew was probably the solenoid valvebody.. but I didn't care and drove it until both 1st and 2nd gear were gone LOL.. then I got rid of the automatic and put in a manual :cool:

maybe u can sent the car to a cable technician so that they can advise u more

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubgripe
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back